IIFYM Diet

Options
Bcmuscle
Bcmuscle Posts: 15 Member
Has anyone had great success with the IIFYM Diet??

Replies

• Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I lost 20lbs using IIFYM. I've tried too many other things to list but this way actually worked for me.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Success in losing, maintaining and purposefully gaining, yes
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    63lbs and counting.
  • burntoutphilosopher
    burntoutphilosopher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm all about macros!
    So yes I've lost 27 lbs IIFYM ... but i also take a multivatim for micros
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Success in losing, maintaining and purposefully gaining, yes

Yup, same
  • Bcmuscle
    Bcmuscle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Right on! Thanks everyone
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    21.2 pounds down iifym
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It's not a diet, it's the opposite of a diet. You set your macros to suit your needs and then eat whatever you want to hit those goals. It's just like MFP. I had success with doing just that - I lost 50 pounds and have kept them off for 2 1/2 years now. Was never able to do that after a diet.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i love IIFYM, though as kommodevaran says, more of an eating style than a diet.
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    More of a lifestyle than a diet. Just eat what you want in your calorie range - honestly people look too much into it.
  • leanitup123
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    I've had success, but I wouldn't consider it a diet, because you can basically eat anything you want under IIFYM. There are no strict rules other than staying within your macros.

^^
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    More of a lifestyle than a diet. Just eat what you want in your calorie range - honestly people look too much into it.

pretty much this. iifym is really just regular living while understanding the energy balance and how to use it to meet your particular goals.
  • leanitup123
    Options

pretty much this. iifym is really just regular living while understanding the energy balance and how to use it to meet your particular goals.

Amen!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

That's just calorie counting, not IIFYM. With IIFYM you can't just eat whatever you want, it has to y'know .. fit .. your .. uhhh .. macros.

IIFYM also involves not eating something if it doesn't fit.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »

That's just calorie counting, not IIFYM. With IIFYM you can't just eat whatever you want, it has to y'know .. fit .. your .. uhhh .. macros

He does specify to eat within your calorie range which by definition is what IIFYM is. When you add the protein, the fats and the carbs...the total gives you the number of calories you need to hit.

I know they're just 2 expressions of the same practical end. Yes it's easy to convert between calories and macros. But IIFYM also involves maintaining macro ratios, not just counting calories.

Sure 200g Carb + 100g protein + 50g Fat = 1650 cals . but iifym doesn't mean "Just eat 1650 calories without regard to where you are on your macro numbers."
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »

That's just calorie counting, not IIFYM. With IIFYM you can't just eat whatever you want, it has to y'know .. fit .. your .. uhhh .. macros

He does specify to eat within your calorie range which by definition is what IIFYM is. When you add the protein, the fats and the carbs...the total gives you the number of calories you need to hit.

There are plenty of things I don't eat because they don't fit my macros. They would fit my calories just fine.... But I do IIFYM not calorie counting. Yes, I get to the same calorie endpoint, but take a different road.
  • mattbirchfield
    mattbirchfield Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Jumping on this thread, I've been trying to do this for well over a month now and not seen any changes, weight wise or inch wise. I've gotten to the point where I pretty much quit trying to do this. Just started back up and hoping to see some changes.