Your favorite filling meal and its calories

Options
katgrz
katgrz Posts: 7 Member
I'm trying to think of new ideas of for filling meals -- what is your favorite and how many calories total?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You want new ideas?

Don't think separate meals, think your whole day/week.
    Don't try to undereat, it will backlash, hard. Hit your calorie goal.
    Don't think filling, think nutritious and tasty, balanced and varied. Hunger has to be tolerated to some extent.

I eat anything I want. I like a lot.
    I'd suggest a cookbook for ideas.
  • julie20170512
    julie20170512 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A boiled egg 70-80 cals
    PB2(12g) + yogurt (50g) 70 cals
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Taco made with - low carb wheat torilla, some sauteed chicken, lettuce tomatos, onion, and salsa and a little sour cream. Very filling and low cal/low carb.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I make Zuppa Toscana at home, I make a huge batch that makes about 20 servings, and it works out to be 273 calories per serving.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Shan - Red Chilli Powder, 1/4 tbsp
    Sainsbury's - Garlic Clove,
    Soy sauce, 3 g
    Mama Cup - Pork Flavour Noodles, 1 Cup (60g)
    Kale - Raw, 35 g(s)
    Onions - Raw, 0.42 g(s)
    Mushrooms - Button, 150 g
    Fresh, Raw - Green Beans (Usda), 56.0 g (.5 cup)
    Tesco - Vietnamese River Cobbler, 260 g
    Add Food Quick Tools 553 calories 47 carbs14 fat56protein 7fibre 7calcium

My dinner from last night, spicy fish with stir fry. Very filling and a huge plate for 553 calories.
  • julie20170512
    julie20170512 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A boiled egg 70-80 cals

That's not a meal...

That's my go to meal when I am lazy
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    I make Zuppa Toscana at home, I make a huge batch that makes about 20 servings, and it works out to be 273 calories per serving.

Sounds lovely, could you copy and paste the ingredients in please? o:)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    A boiled egg 70-80 cals

That's not a meal...

That's my go to meal when I am lazy

An egg and a yoghurt... how sad.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    For breakfast my favorite is 2 Banquet brand lite sausage links and a hard boiled egg, 152 calories. I eat around 9:30 and at lunch time (12:30) I am not hungry at all. I've done this for breakfast 2 weeks in a row. Lots of protein, low carbs and fat.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Yes!
    * 8 Hot Itailian Sausage Links crumbled
    * 3 32 oz chicken broth (reduced sodium or not your choice)
    * 8 oz of water (this is also optional, I normally water down the chicken broth a little to make more)
    * 6 potatoes cut into small cubes
    * 1 large onion diced
    * 2 cloves garlic
    * 2 cups heavy cream
    * 1 large kale bunch roughly chopped
    * 4 strips bacon (this is optional you can also use bacon bits, or turkey bacon)

Directions:
    Crumble and cook sausage in large soup pot. Once cooked add onion, and garlic, cook on medium until onion is soft, add the potatoes. Add the water and chicken broth and boil on high until potatoes are cooked through. Once potatoes are done, remove from heat, add heavy cream and your kale! If you chose to add bacon, cook it separately and add it with the kale at the end. I will also sometimes add some cheese to the top or serve with bread depending on my calorie allowance.

This recipe makes about 20 servings (a pretty big bowl) obviously feel free to scale it down if you only want to make a small amount.

Sounds delish!
  • laurenebargar
    Options

Yes!
    * 8 oz of water (this is also optional, I normally water down the chicken broth a little to make more)
    * 1 large onion diced
    * 2 cloves garlic
    * 2 cups heavy cream
    * 4 strips bacon (this is optional you can also use bacon bits, or turkey bacon)

Directions:
    Crumble and cook sausage in large soup pot. Once cooked add onion, and garlic, cook on medium until onion is soft, add the potatoes. Add the water and chicken broth and boil on high until potatoes are cooked through. Once potatoes are done, remove from heat, add heavy cream and your kale! If you chose to add bacon, cook it separately and add it with the kale at the end. I will also sometimes add some cheese to the top or serve with bread depending on my calorie allowance.

This recipe makes about 20 servings (a pretty big bowl) obviously feel free to scale it down if you only want to make a small amount.

Sounds delish!

It is I highly recommend it! I was happily surprised when I figured out the calories in it!
  • hannahland18
    hannahland18 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We cook every single meal at home and everything from scratch. I suggest getting a good collection of cookbooks. We have about ten, plus Pinterest, and internet of course. But we use those to plan meals for the entire week that way you don't have to worry about what your next meal will be bc you already know:) I would say my favorite is either Asian lettuce wraps or tuna steak tacos with mango salsa. You can really find some great recipes out there. You just have to be willing to try new things. And don't worry so much about being "full" if you eat nutritious food your body will feel full without the bloating.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options

Yes!
    * 1 large onion diced
    * 2 cloves garlic
    * 2 cups heavy cream

Directions:

Thank you, sounds lovely!
  • laurenebargar
    Options

Yes!
    * 1 large onion diced
    * 2 cloves garlic
    * 2 cups heavy cream

Directions:

Thank you, sounds lovely!

Let me know if you make it! Feel free to add me as well if you want!

Also every once in awhile ill sneak in some more veggies, carrots, broccoli, zucchini. But the original way is my favorite
  • edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Not technically a meal but I eat small throughout the day. My go to is an egg mcmuffin, 300 cals.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Black bean soup is one of my regular lunches. The base recipe is around 140 cal/serving, with loads of fiber. To make a full meal, I'll top it with salsa and sour cream, maybe a few tortilla chips, and/or a bit of cheese.
    http://www.apinchofhealthy.com/instant-pot-black-bean-soup/
    As I made it:p2pdepxqr1v0.jpg

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I taught myself to make Sesame chicken, Lemon chicken, Orange chicken with asian egg noodles. When you learn how to make the sauces from scratch you can adjust them very easily to reduce calories and to personal flavour. The chicken I can make around 400 calories per serving and 200 calories for the noodles.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    The most filling meal I make is spiralized sweet potatoes and zucchini with 2 fried eggs and some salsa on top - comes out to about 275 calories for a huge plate of food. As a volume eater, this is so awesome for me. Takes little time to prep and make (15 min) but takes sometimes just as long to eat.