I'm new to this and would love to connect with others.

Options
My doctor introduced me to this site and it's awesome. My journey is a long one, but the guantlet has fallen and it's time to buckle down. I was recently diagnosed with High Blood pressure for the first time EVER...scared the bejeezus out of me. I have several other medical issues due to weight that I've dealt with for years. I have 150 lbs total to lose...50 lbs by the end of 2011. That's my goal anyway. I'm only on day two and I'm struggling. Any food tips and tricks or recipes that anyone would like to share would be welcomed. I will do the same. Looking forward to meeting new people!

Replies

• amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me, I love this site. Good luck:smile:
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too....I love this site and the accountability that I have to friends... :flowerforyou:
  • efcox1024
    efcox1024 Posts: 2
    Options
    Im new too and would like to talk to people that can help me along the way. Good luck with everything.
  • waterlily
    waterlily Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! Good luck with your efforts!! YOU can do it!! I am returning member and hooked on this site..and call it my weight loss home now! Looking forward on hearing about your progess!!
  • sahalcomb
    sahalcomb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!! This site is really great! A few tips... like you said, this will be a journey, a process! Try to cut back from where you are now and begin a exercise program. Whether it's walking or something else active you enjoy! Don't give up....give it some time to become habit! & time for you to see progress on the scale and in your body! :) You'll love it too! Good luck in your journey...
  • michelle_vankat
    Options
    Welcome! You will be amazed at the positive and encouraging support and motivation you will get from this site. The people are awesome, empathetic and know exactly what you are goign through. Good luck on your journey - you have a fabulous support system here!
  • onedot49
    onedot49 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yes welcome and I love this site too!
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Welcome!!! Be warned ... this site is like CRACK!!!

Request sent!
  • laurabarrett79
    laurabarrett79 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been with MFP for 3 weeks and have loved it! In fact, I'm a little addicted to it:) It helps to have a great support group, and the more you "log on" and track everything, the more love you feel from your friends, AND the more motivation you have... just wait, you'll see the pounds melt off!! Be sure to take measurements of your body now (even before and after pics), so on the days you feel discouraged and feel like you're not losing the weight, pull out the measuring tape and/or pictures and you'll definitely get a positive boost:) Good luck! Feel free to add me.
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    :smile: I have been on a while now, end of feb this year.

And I used to luck at people and the weight they had lost, and think, how on earth have they managed that, everything I have tried has failed.

Well I am aproaching a 3rd of my weight loss target, and still have 82lb to go until I hit the healthy weight range for my height.

Feel free to add me as a friend
  • laurabarrett79
    laurabarrett79 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Be warned ... this site is like CRACK!!!

Request sent!

Ain't that the truth!!!
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It will get easier, just stick with it. Welcome!
  • thomas4000
    Options
    i lost 20 pounds i am new to this site i am going to loose 20 more pounds
  • kezell83
    kezell83 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome.. Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!!

A few tips:
    drink water!!
    get to movin' (walk - dance around - do squats while you brush your teeth - leg lifts in bed - lift weights while watching a movie) anything to get your blood pumpin' . [I do them all :wink: ]
    measure/weigh your food before you eat it
    replace all white bread/pasta/rice with whole wheat bread/whole wheat past/brown rice
    switch to 1% or skim milk

Your goals are attainable! Never give up on YOU!!
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Same here, new and so far LOVING the site...would also like other motivated and inspiring friends to help me stay on track!!!!
  • lannashelley
    Options
    Im new to this site too. I stumbled upon it trying to find out how many calories are in an egg . . . now I know.

I have been keeping track of me weight on an Excel spreadsheet . . . this is much easier lol

Im trying to loose weight because I want to help others like my sister have children by donating my eggs to a fertility programme so that they can be used by ladies who for one reason or another are unable to produce there own. I have always been a strong believer that the BMI is just an evil tool of the devil to frighten the curvy into thinking that they are going to drop dead tomorrow however, in order for me to be accepted into the programme I have to loose around 100lb's because they work using the BMI and wont allow donors who have a BMI of over 30.

So anyone who wants to tag along then add me!

L x
  • icandothistrish85
    Options
    Hi There, I'm Trisha, 26 and I've had HBP/Hypertension Stage 2 for almost 8 years. I've recently been taken off of my medication because my BP has gotten to normal healthy readings and I've really paid attention to my meals, water intake and my exercise. I've lowered my stress levels and it's been amazing to not have to worry about medication every day, other than my vitamins. Feel free to add me and spy my food diary, or vent or ask questions related to BP/DASH diet/Sodium levels, etc, whatever! Even if you just want a supportive friend, who sometimes may or may not ramble too much...LOL

Always,
    Trisha
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    welcome
    feel free to add me:)
  • mescla
    mescla Posts: 56
    Options
    Sure, feel free to add me.. watch this too.. "fat, sick, and nearly dead" if you have netflix..