I couldn't stop eating today...

Options
What happened to me today?? I couldn't stop eating all day! I ended up eating over 6000 calories and I'm still hungry!! No matter what I ate I was still hungry...

Replies

• JLPersall
    JLPersall Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    No help but ive been there. Make sure yr defecit isnt too big.
  • ABrideToBE
    ABrideToBE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Could be you're stressed or tired. That triggers eating. Don't worry, just be good for a few days and you'll be back on track :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You're not actually hungry, it's an unfortunate mechanism our ancestors passed on that says you were starving previously and now need to keep eating to prevent death. You're going to have to learn to tell your brain that a little bit of hunger is okay. Have some protein and vegetables if you have several hours left until bed.

You might want to consider changing your goal on here to lose 1 pound per week. Severe restriction can cause binge eating. Don't try to make up for the over eating or you'll start a binge-starve cycle.
  • markforquer
    markforquer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    USMCMP. I thought your advice to the man who ate 6000 'whatever' was perfect. You seem to know your stuff. Question: is water a good thing to drink all day to suppress appetite?
    Thanks
    -mark
    USA MSG (ret)
    Combat Medic
    Iraq.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    USMCMP. I thought your advice to the man who ate 6000 'whatever' was perfect. You seem to know your stuff. Question: is water a good thing to drink all day to suppress appetite?
    Thanks
    -mark
    USA MSG (ret)
    Combat Medic
    Iraq.

Some people find that water helps them to feel less hungry. In the beginning I think there's nothing wrong with having some water when you first feel hungry to see if that helps you control your portions. I wouldn't use large amounts of water specifically to eat less.

I've been in his shoes actually. 6,000 calories in a day is closer to my preferred eating. I like foods in quantities that are not good for me. My fear of being hungry fuels that and I constantly think I am hungry. It takes time to learn that a little bit of hunger is not the end of the world. Even six years after starting this whole thing I have to take food with me (usually a fiber one bar) as a safety net for my fear of hunger.
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    6000 calories is a lot, I usually stop at 4000
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    ABrideToBE wrote: »
    Could be you're stressed or tired. That triggers eating. Don't worry, just be good for a few days and you'll be back on track :)

Thank you!
  • KeithWhiteJr
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    You're not actually hungry, it's an unfortunate mechanism our ancestors passed on that says you were starving previously and now need to keep eating to prevent death. You're going to have to learn to tell your brain that a little bit of hunger is okay. Have some protein and vegetables if you have several hours left until bed.

You might want to consider changing your goal on here to lose 1 pound per week. Severe restriction can cause binge eating. Don't try to make up for the over eating or you'll start a binge-starve cycle.

I'm actually on maintenance and have been doing just fine until yesterday...

It was very weird.
  • ItsBetterThisWay
    ItsBetterThisWay Posts: 42 Member
    Options

How is this helpful in anyway to the brother? Seriously. Am I missing something?
  • KeithWhiteJr
    Options

Agreed, it is a lot! I just couldn't stop being "hungry"