Tired of the same food

Options
Been on a mission to hit 230 lbs for several months with really no results in weight loss list body fat but gained weight. So i switched it up and started eating high protein and fat... awesome dropped weight quickly the first couple weeks. Now I'm getting sick of the same food so i try to add proteins that I sick at cooking.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Low carb can be boring. Is there a reason you need to eat low carb?
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Why not eat the foods you love while staying in a calorie deficit? Use a food scale and weigh and log everything you eat. Calorie deficit is needed for losing weight!
  • andrewljones713
    andrewljones713 Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Only reaaon I'm giving up the carbs is a balanced diet didn't work even when upping cardio or decreasing caloric intake
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Been on a mission to hit 230 lbs for several months with really no results in weight loss list body fat but gained weight. So i switched it up and started eating high protein and fat... awesome dropped weight quickly the first couple weeks. Now I'm getting sick of the same food so i try to add proteins that I sick at cooking.

"Fast" low carb weight loss is water weight (glycogen stores). Find something more sustainable for you. Radical changes in diet aren't often long term solutions.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    Then you were just eating too much.

Are you tracking and/or logging calories?
  • andrewljones713
    Options
    I've tracked what ive eaten since mid January in one way or another keeping my caloric intake under 2000 calories even dropping it to 1600 for a few days. I'm still consuming some carbs but all in the form of fruits and vegetables.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I've tracked what ive eaten since mid January in one way or another keeping my caloric intake under 2000 calories even dropping it to 1600 for a few days. I'm still consuming some carbs but all in the form of fruits and vegetables.

Are you using a food scale?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    OK, low carb food ideas, non-boring.
    - Shish Kabab
    - Meat balls
    - Sausage from wild game
    - Pizza with a cauliflower crust
    - Crustless quiche; every day a different variety
    - Fresh caught rainbow trout baked with butter
    - Turkey burgers
    - Firm tofu wedges dredged in soy sauce and baked crispy
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »

Are you using a food scale?

this is the important question.
  • andrewljones713
    Options
    Using a food scale
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Seasonings can help vary things up
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Using a food scale

then we need more info. what is your starting weight? how much are you trying to lose? are there any medical issues? how long have you been doing this? Have you been 100% strict? are you eating back calories from exercise? estimating calories burned?

If you were to open your diary, it might actually help us give you better advice. Right now, we just have one tiny piece of the equation.