tell us about a craft you are doing

Options
2»

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I'm also a cross stitcher (and reader, but reading leads to munching for me!) I'm working on a larger project for Mom for Easter - called His Name Is Jesus with all the names of Jesus. It's really cool!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I crochet. I've finished one blanket for my oldest son, now I need to get back to finishing my middle son's blanket, then start on my youngest son's. Once I start it again, hopefully it won't take very long and they will get to use them this year:smile:
  • mjsnee
    mjsnee Posts: 16
    Options
    I make homemade/handmade greeting cards, scrapbooks, paper crafts with the rubber stamping medium. I like to create things that are one of a kind. My daughters gets invited to everyone's birthday parties because they all want a card from me! Funny. I haven't bought a card in years.

I don't scrapbook for myself yet, just gifts for special friends. I'm very meticulous and it takes time to do anything. If you get something from me that I make, consider yourself very special.

Everyone needs a hobby/passion.

Marci
  • pettyone
    pettyone Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well, I am attempting to crochet...but my "scarves" end up looking scalloped because the rows are all crooked and uneven...I'm ready to throw in the towel!!

:ohwell:
  • linda57
    Options
    Okay I have one I didn't see. I cut, paint, and put christmas diarama scenes in OSTRICH eggs. That's right Ostrich eggs, and goose eggs. I also am a wildlife, and landscape artist. I make jewelry, clay flowers, crochet. I made a bath robe for my hubby for Christmas and I am going to make my daughters wedding cake. I will try just about anything. Linda
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Right now I am making pinewood derby cars. My cub scouts have their pinewood derby on Saturday so that is the craft that I am doing right now.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I like to crochet but only scarves and dish clothes. I also like to experiment with watercolors. I've done beading, modge podge, make my own roman blinds, cross stitch. So many fun things!
    Currently I have a scarf I should finish and two paintings.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I knit, crochet, paint, draw and write :flowerforyou: I'm not currently working on anything, but I may start at any moment :laugh:
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i have never tried cross stiching. isnt it like embriodery? im currently doing fancy needlepiont stiches that are probably the same as cross stich.

:heart:
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    Options
    I make jewelry(beaded and other) and I scrapbook. Right now I am making Lanyards for the teachers at my childrens school.:bigsmile:
  • LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I cross-stitch and always have one big one and then a smaller one going. I tried knitting and crocheting, but got very frustrated that I couldn't make a swatch with a consistent gauge. Then I found those Knifty Knitters. I really love them. I can whip out a scarf and hat in just a couple of days. And it is easy to put down and come back to. I have done several small blankets, too. It's surprising what you can do with them. I am looking into buying some looms with finer gauges so I can make some nicer stuff. Another craft I am trying to start is stained glass. It's a big investment initially, so I am getting materials little by little. I am hoping to try an sell a few pieces once I get the hang of it.

Claire
  • oregonlady
    Options
    when i knit or crochet, i usually use that newer hairy yarn. it hides mistakes!:happy:
    i have made serval beautiful ponchos for my daughter that way.

i've done stained glass. i draw/design my projects too! i'd be happy to share info on stained glass if desired.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

robin:heart:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    I make homemade/handmade greeting cards, scrapbooks, paper crafts with the rubber stamping medium. I like to create things that are one of a kind. My daughters gets invited to everyone's birthday parties because they all want a card from me! Funny. I haven't bought a card in years.

I don't scrapbook for myself yet, just gifts for special friends. I'm very meticulous and it takes time to do anything. If you get something from me that I make, consider yourself very special.

Everyone needs a hobby/passion.

Marci

ohhhhhhhhhhh! that is really neato! i'd like to see some of your cards. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    i'm hoping my mom will come over today and she'll knit while i needlepoint.:wink:

fun, low pressure, time spent together.:happy: :happy: :happy:

:heart: