Your favorite kitchen gadgets for cooking?

Geocitiesuser
Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
Obviously not including digital scales :)

I'm pretty fond of my stove top pressure cooker, as well as my pampered chef "chopper". I use the chopper quite a bit.

b9SM4OW.jpg

Replies

• Tazzie0208
    Tazzie0208 Posts: 66 Member
    Love my pressure cooker/slow cooker, my cast iron skillet, my nutribullet and my panini maker!!! I recently got a waffle maker but haven't used it yet. Need to find good simple nutritious recipes for that.
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    LOVE my Nutri Ninja. I make smoothies, salsa, sauces, dressings, and banana "ice cream" in it. It blends so much better than my large Ninja blender.
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    I broke down and bought a nice cuisinart blender. I use it daily. I killed an emulsifying wand, a magic bullet and 2 other blenders before this one went on sale (still more expensive than I would normally spend) and I broke down and bought it. Totally worth it. Loud as hell but it blends everything down to a nice creamy smoothie.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    The awesome medium chef's knife I got for my 13yo daughter for Christmas last year. She has small hands and my giant knives were hard for her to control. But now I've pretty much stolen it.

I guess we're even though because she's taken over my KitchenAid mixer. She bakes often, and I don't much anymore. Just pizza dough once or twice a month.
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    6.5 quart slow cooker, cast iron skillet, and my rice cooker.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    I love my (commercial grade) KitchenAid stand mixer because I love baking. Doesn't really help me on the weight loss side of things though...
  • Juicy_D246
    Juicy_D246 Posts: 5 Member
    My favorite gadgets are my immersion blender, pressure cooker, and spiralizer. They get used multiple times each week. I also have a Ninja blender and a grinder attachment for my Kitchen-Aid mixer.

Storage containers with interchangeable lids and that are stackable are worth the investment, too.
  • magdadgam
    magdadgam Posts: 13 Member
    vegetable spiralizer for making zoodlez and my nutri bullet
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    I have so many kitchen gadgets. I've loved to cook for many years so people are always giving different gadgets as gifts. But for most of my meals the only gadget I use is a good quality sharp knife.
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    I also love my micro-serrated ceramic knives. They are so sharp and slice through anything effortlessly. I love them for cutting tomatoes, thick-crusted breads, raw meat, basically everything...
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Copper grill mats. Added benefit no need to use oil when grilling to keep food from sticking to grill. Clean up not so much fun.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    A good chef's knife, a food processor, my pressure canner, my many pieces of cast iron.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    I was gonna say my Zojirushi rice cooker until I noticed other people mentioning their knives. I have used my nice professional knives for so long that I forget how wonderful they are until I have to use someone else's.

I also love a big roomy machine washable cutting board.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    My knife roll.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Don't know if it counts as a gadget but I LOVE my Dutch Oven- use it all the time. We also got a very nice setting of knives as a wedding present a few years back- the chef's knife is great.

Oh, my SIL got me an electric kettle that you can actually set how hot you want your water to get- I am becoming something of a tea snob and that has really been a great to taste the difference.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Always my Ninja blender, which for about $40 when they first came out years ago is still going strong. And I just inherited an air fryer from my Mom and I love it. It's something I never would have bought myself but I find myself using it about 3-4 times a week. I only wish it was bigger.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    Copper grill mats. Added benefit no need to use oil when grilling to keep food from sticking to grill. Clean up not so much fun.

Oooh, I was wondering about the clean up. My husband brought one home and I've been reluctant to bust it out for just that reason.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Crockpot, rice cooker, Vitamix blender, Nutribullet, mandolin slicer

Next on my list to get: InstaPot, Sodastream (to make flavored, but not sweetened, sparkling water- like La Croix- I'm obsessed with sparkling water)

Oooo, and I use it maybe three times a year but my pineapple corer-slicer. It makes perfect pineapple rings without having to peel the #$%& thing first! Cut the sliced pineapple up into little chunks, freeze, and blend with a can of full-fat coconut milk, and you have a pretty good replica of the "Dole whip" at Disneyland. Omg, so good!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    That dole whip at Disney is.... one of the most delicious substances know to man. I had no idea it was so easy to recreate. This is now on my todo list this weekend.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    Don't know if it counts as a gadget but I LOVE my Dutch Oven- use it all the time. We also got a very nice setting of knives as a wedding present a few years back- the chef's knife is great.

Oh, my SIL got me an electric kettle that you can actually set how hot you want your water to get- I am becoming something of a tea snob and that has really been a great to taste the difference.

We also get a lot of mileage out of our enamel coated Dutch ovens! We have 4, in varying shapes and sizes :lol: And I love my electric kettle, way more than I ever thought I would. I can't imagine not having one now.

You also can't go wrong with high quality knives!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    My pots and pans and dutch ovens and my knives...I don't have too many gadgets really.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    My knives, slow cooker, Foreman grill, immersion blender... I love all my gadgets.

Someone got me a Yonannas dessert maker which I thought I would never use but it makes really good desserts and adult beverages. They had no recipes for the beverages but I figured it out. A fun summertime gadget.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    My Traeger, pork shoulder is the best.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Instant Pot, slow cooker, blendtec blender and spiralizer
  • Carolyn1965032017
    Carolyn1965032017 Posts: 13 Member
    My Kenwood Prospero Kitchen Machine.
    It does loads. Whisks, Mixes, Dough Hook, Blender, Julcer, Centrafuegal Juicer, Slices, Dices, Chops, Mills And Grounds and last of all it Minces. Only thing it doesn't so is spiralizer . So I bought one of them too
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited June 2017
    My knives and Silpat.

I'm looking for a really good blender/food processor. Can't afford a Vitamix.

The food processor I have now is too big and doesn't do the best job and is difficult to clean.
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    I love my George Foreman grill. We don't have an actual grill (apartment living), and for a quick "no added fat" way to cook, it's my fave. Also my non-stick skillets!
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Pressure cooker, cast iron skillet, and Vitamix
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,363 Member
    Old school: toaster oven, cheese grater with catch container on the bottom, cast iron skillet.