One thing you refuse to sacrifice

Options

Replies

• HM2206
    HM2206 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wine.

I have cut sugar, and the great thing about it is that when it's out of your diet for a certain amount of time, you don't crave it.

Carbs is a different story. I love white bread with garlic butter or cheese, and occasionally I have to have it. Just thinking about a buttery baguette makes me ache right now.
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    lollipops...I have cut back, but I do love my sweets!
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Ice cream. But I'm trying to indulge in 100 calorie Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt bars (yummy!) instead of my beloved pralines 'n cream. The pralines 'n cream wouldn't be such a calorie buster if I had the ability to stick with 1/2 cup. HA, I Say. HA!
  • jilleebee77
    jilleebee77 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My flavored coffee creamer.
  • debisjazz
    debisjazz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Deep fried restaurant french fries.
    Other things are worth the calories, but a good french fry...that is my kryptonite!
    I budget them into my calories, and I don't have them every day, but when I do, I enjoy every last bite. And there are a lot of bites! :wink:
  • cherilee0831
    cherilee0831 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Social eating. If I am at an event with scrumptious food, I have what I want but in very limited quantities. I try to fill up on veggies first though. This has been the hardest part of losing weight...the social eating aspect.
  • appleb0tt0ms
    appleb0tt0ms Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Alcohol

This is me as well 100% No matter what type of week or day I've had diet wise, I still cram in the drinks. Between that and ginger snaps or kettle chips. I always need the crunch usually before bed lol.I'm sure having a few isn't horrible but I tend to get carried away sometimes. I have yet to find things that are just as satisfying.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Nothing that I can fit w/in my daily cal limit.

But I have totally eliminated sodas and fast food don't miss them) and have severely cut back on alcohol, refined sugar, bread and baked goods.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Coffee is mine. I'll eat ground turkey. I'll exercise at night even though I am exhausted. I will give up chips. I'll order spaghetti and only eat half. But coffee with creamer is a hard line. I've tried the almond milk. Yuck. Nope. I thought about using my protein shakes instead of cream. I'm still debating that one.

What's your "one thing" you just can't give up?

Wine. I have reduced my consumption to a glass or two on workout days instead of every day. It is now my treat when I have extra calories.
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Volume of food. I can't eat what I used to eat with just small portions. That's not satisfying at all. I've found healthier (and lower calorie) alternatives that still allow me to eat a good sized plate of food at each meal.
  • natthefrenchone
    natthefrenchone Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    My coffee with one cream one sugar. I tried black or with milk and it's not doing it for me. That is my one treat everyday that keeps me sane in this weight loss journey. I completely cut baguel and cream cheese, pasta, poutine, chips, red meat and deserts. But i'm human - I gotta have my coffee! LOL
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Luckily my evening glass of wine usually goes along with at least an equal amount of dancing calories. (but not necessarily the 2nd glass). I did give up vodka and cranberry though in favor of cherry vodka+ diet coke (actual cranberry juice IS worth the calories..the apple juice passing as "cranberry juice cocktail" -not so much).
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    titcuzciclqc.png
    Anything any of these "experts" tell me to.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    "Regular" ice cream / frozen yogurt. I tried Halo Top. It's okay, but not great. The texture is odd IMO.

Cadbury Mini Eggs. One of the highest calorie chocolate eggs, but also the best.

Girl Scout Cookies. You'd best believe I will be buying from every Girl Scout I see during the season.

Zip's hamburgers and tartar sauce fries, whenever I visit Eastern Washington. I lower my calories for a week before each trip, in anticipation of pigging out at Zip's.
  • brrite
    brrite Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    titcuzciclqc.png

Haha! Right? Especially "Food Babe" and David "I haven't a brain in my head" Wolfe. Hard to believe people actually buy their lines.
  • Woodsmoke
    Woodsmoke Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Big dinners. I am bad at portion control with dinner but I never eat above the calorie limit. But I likes me a big meal in the evening ^.^
  • RobBasss
    RobBasss Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wine, but I account for it >:)
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    full fat cheese and sour cream. I don't really do reduced fat anything....I make it work.
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    titcuzciclqc.png

Excellent!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    my health