What did you have for breakfast

Options
Ok, I'm an early morning person. I make myself stay in bed til 4:00 am..... So, when I get up I eat a bowl of cereal with skim milk. I always have Frosted mini wheats. I need to go the the store today. Any healthier suggestions? I buy eggs but can't force myself to cook that early in the morning. Bysides cereal, what would be easy to fix?

Replies

• FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm an early morning person. I make myself stay in bed til 4:00 am..... So, when I get up I eat a bowl of cereal with skim milk. I always have Frosted mini wheats. I need to go the the store today. Any healthier suggestions? I buy eggs but can't force myself to cook that early in the morning. Bysides cereal, what would be easy to fix?
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    chopped up fruit in a bowl is easy to fix and can be good for an energy boost i think

or some wholemeal toast with topping of your choice
    maybe ham, banana, low fat cheese spread, low fat jams?

i like herbal tea in the morning too
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    a big bowl of steel cut oats with 2 Tbsp of PB2 and a 1 Tbsp of seedless raspberry Polaner all-fruit, and of course a big cup of vanilla coffee.

It was 323 calories of deliciousness :love:
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    a Nekked Pancake

Oatmeal, baking soda, egg white, a dash of milk, and 1 tbs of mini chocolate chips:wink:
  • bootsnspurs4horses
    Options
    I scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 cup frozen raspberries
    1 cup 8 oz fat free milk

I drink it on the way to work. . I'm an early morning person too, but always on the go. I've very satisfied with my smoothie breakfast. . . about 260 calories

YESTERDAY>> I had one scoop vanilla protein powder; 1 cup fat free milk'; 1 banana; 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa (the kind you cook with) and a tablespoon of roasted pecans. YUM YUM !!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I don't like to cook early either but I've been putting an egg in a small microwaveable bowl (I take the yolk out, but you don't have to) and microwave it for 30-45 seconds while I have my english muffin in the toaster. I grab a piece of cheese (lowfat of course for me), some fully cooked bacon(microwave 30-45 seconds), or ham, or canadian bacon, or turkey bacon, or sometimes I just do the egg and cheese. :bigsmile:

There are different English Muffins you can use. I use the original and they're only 120 calories. One egg white is only 30 calories, lowfat cheese I have is only 40 calories per slice, and depending on the meat you use.....my fully cooked bacon I had today was 2 slices for 40 calories. So it only totalled 230 calories and it was goooooooooood :bigsmile: :drinker: :smokin:

Doesn't take long using the microwave......ya don't even feel like you're actually cooking...took me 5 minutes to make it....LOL :laugh: :wink:

Or I just have cereal or a banana or some type of fruit and possibly toast with it. :flowerforyou:
  • spcoll5166
    Options
    I also eat Frosted Shredded Mini Wheats with skim milk. I have found that I like the Quaker instant oatmeal Peaches n Cream. One package sticks with me until lunch along with 8 oz. skim milk and perhaps 1/2 of an orange. Another breakfast item that I found to be good is the Smart Ones Morning Express Canadian Style Bacon English Mufin Sandwich. A recipe I got from Weight Watchers and made this morning (but you can make them the day before or prior to and freeze them) is Pumpkin Spice Muffins with virtually no fat.

Mix:
    1 box of Duncan Hines Spice Cake mix
    1 sm. can of Libby's Pumpkin
    1/2 cup water

Mix together ad fill 3/4 full. Bake at 350 until toothpick is clean ~15 min.
    Good Luck.

--Spring
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    1/3c old fashioned oats, 1/2c skim milk, 1/3c strawberries, 1/2oz walnuts, it is cooked in no time on the stove, after done sprinkle cinnamon on top. Super Rico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cottage cheese and mandrine oranges. MMMMMMM:smooched: So super easy!
  • mandersen16
    Options
    If I'm really in a hurry, I usually just grab a Zone Perfect Protein bar. They are YUMMY! If you like cinnamon rolls, they have that flavor.

If you like cereals, try Kashi-they are a little more healthy. Otherwise I grab a boiled egg (prepared the night before) and a banana.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Fruit with yogurt and Multigrain bread with peanut butter
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I LOVE cottage cheese and mandrine oranges. MMMMMMM:smooched: So super easy!

YUMMY!!!! :love:
  • jazzycarolanne
    Options
    Today I had a fried egg sandwich.....one egg....non stick pan....two slices of whole grain bread....a stain of butter and 1 cup of blueberries. This amounted to 311 calories and was a very hearty breakfast.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I haven't had breakfast yet, but what I'm going to have is Quaker Simle Harvest instant oatmeal with a 1/4 cup of Fiber One cereal. (I have this every weekday morning, but I switch around what type of Quaker oatmeal I have.)

I'll probably also have a banana.
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    One egg scrambled, one piece whole wheat toast w/ butter, 2 pieces bacon and OJ. Yummy! :tongue:
  • rsmclaurin
    Options
    1 packet maple and brown sugar oatmeal (prepared with water) - 130 calories
    1 medium banana - 105 calories
    Total 235 calories.

I LOOOOVE oatmeal.. i could eat it for every meal :laugh:
  • ElusiveButterfly
    Options
    1sl of toast, 1/4c cottage cheese, 1/4 cup crushed pineapple

i mix the cottage cheese and pineapple together and put it ontop of the toast
    sprinkle cinnamon ontop of it.
    then put it in oven broiler
    .. yummy
    1cup of coffee

or..

1slice of toast ,1 apple, 1 slice of american cheese

slice up the apple and place it over the toast, then place the cheese over it.. with sprinkle of cinnamon on it..
    slide it into the oven broiler and melt the cheese.
    yummy
    1 cup of green tea
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I normally have either eggs with a whole grain bread toasted or oatmeal with fruit. Today I was naughty and had orange poppyseed cake! Tomorrow I'll be back to normal.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite bad breakfasts is pancakes with peanut butter on them then topped with syrup.

I was getting a craving this morning. So I used 1 multi-grain light english muffin (100 cals) put in the toaster over to warm. 1 tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter (95 cals) and then drizzled with 1 tablespoon of Lite Syrup (8 cals).

YUMMMMMMM.

ps - I'm a peanut butter addict. I have 2 tablespoons every day...and usually in the morning.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I too make a quickie Mc Muffin type sandwich w/ egg whites in the microwave, extra lean turkey bacon and Thomas' light multigrain muffins. You can make the eggs and bacon ahead of time and keep them in the fridge and just reheat when needed.

Its fast and very filling. Got the recipe from the Biggest Loser Family cookbook...lots of good simple stuff in there.

I also make up little Gladware cups of Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla fat free yogurt with 1/2 of a sliced banana and a bit under 1/4 cup frozen blueberries. Stick a couple in the fridge and when you need them they're ready to go.

Good luck!