neilhoopy Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Can twirl my tongue
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,115 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I also like to have lip balm around... so much so I started making my own.

I have lots of sleep quirks, apparently. I can't fall asleep if my legs are touching, which is weird because I like to sleep on my side. I put a pillow or the blankets between them so they don't touch.

I sleep with a body pillow, throw my leg over it like it's a person. I can't stand my knees touching when I sleep, and I'm a side sleeper too. Plus the pain on my lower back... the body pillow is more for straightening my lower spine.

I sleep with a body pillow too....1) It helps alleviate my lower back pain sometimes, and 2) it simulates human contact...Its the only way I can sleep
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    I also like to have lip balm around... so much so I started making my own.

I have lots of sleep quirks, apparently. I can't fall asleep if my legs are touching, which is weird because I like to sleep on my side. I put a pillow or the blankets between them so they don't touch.

I sleep with a body pillow, throw my leg over it like it's a person. I can't stand my knees touching when I sleep, and I'm a side sleeper too. Plus the pain on my lower back... the body pillow is more for straightening my lower spine.

I sleep with a body pillow too....1) It helps alleviate my lower back pain sometimes, and 2) it simulates human contact...Its the only way I can sleep

The same reasons I do it. So I'm not crazy... or maybe we're just crazy together :smiley:
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Someone please tell me what "flip my tongue" means!

Gonna go with this:
    46khmapb3vz8.jpg

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    It's probably my Adhd but I'm always moving my feet. Even to fall asleep.

Don't worry, I do this, too. That or I "crack" my ankles until I can fall asleep.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    I have dreams about places I've never visited, but go there in real life several months later. Often know my way around already, depending on how much of the place I've seen in dreamland.

Lucid dreaming. Cool.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep if someone is touching me.

Me too! My poor husband would prefer more spooning though.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    I can't sleep if someone is touching me.

Me too! My poor husband would prefer more spooning though.

I sleep wrapped around a body pillow facing him... He calls it the wall.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I snort when I laugh really hard.
  • AmbitiousRooster
    AmbitiousRooster Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Whenever I lose or misplace something I always get this voice in my head telling me exactly where to look. Even if the item or pet is in an odd location that makes no sense, I always go right to it.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I have to think about which hand is my left vs right for longer than I should.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I wear Chuck Taylors pretty much exclusively. I have about a dozen pairs, all different colors, and I often match them to the color of my shirt. I even have a pair of brown leather Chucks for when I have to look all professional and *kitten* that don't look too out of place when worn with khakis.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Dream me is a savage. I have betrayed most friends and family members in my dreams and have often left them for dead without a second thought. I have also laughed myself awake and woke up crying from some dream I had. If you talk to me in my sleep I will also most likely answer you, but it probably won't make sense. At one point, I was reading and responding to texts in my sleep (or maybe I was waking up and doing it but I would have no recollection of it the next day) so I moved my phone to where I couldn't reach it in my sleep.

I often mumble to myself. I'm highly forgetful so it happens a lot in the grocery store. Usually I'm mumbling the items I already have in my cart to myself or the items I need to get. I find talking aloud helps with remembering things. Fellow shoppers probably think I'm insane.

Most of the time I ride around in the car in silence. I don't like background noise for the most part and I find silence soothing. Oddly enough, I can't sleep if it's completely quiet. Both of these things I think are a function of growing up in a loud house with a lot of people where there was always noise.

I am severely directionally challenged. My instincts are always wrong when it comes to what direction I should go in whether I'm looking for a street or in the wilderness or at the mall looking for a certain store. I've found if I actually go the exact opposite direction of my first instinct that is the right direction.

I have poor vision that wasn't caught (or didn't develop) until I was a teenager. It took me years to start finally wearing my glasses all the time because when I would wear them I felt the world was "too sharp" and I preferred it blurry.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I keep a record of how many hours and how many miles I drive, and have been doing this ever since I got my learner's permit (I have been driving on my own for a little over 4 years now).
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

okay, this is pretty funny
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

How about this one...I'm not sure if it's a quirk or I'm just stupid...sometimes I blank on which pedal in the car is the gas vs the break, the way I remember is "b" for "big one" is for "breaks"!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

How about this one...I'm not sure if it's a quirk or I'm just stupid...sometimes I blank on which pedal in the car is the gas vs the break, the way I remember is "b" for "big one" is for "breaks"!

wait.

you have to look at the pedals?

if you and I ever embark upon a roadtrip, I'ma drivin'
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I count stairs in my head as I go up or down them, even if I know how many are there. We live in an apartment on the 2nd floor and there's exactly 20 stairs. I know this. Yet, every time I walk up or down the stairs, in my head I'm counting...
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I have weird quirks with food. If things I am eating are multi colored I have to eat them in a certain way. Ex: Skittles- have to be sorted out by color, green go in the trash because they are *kitten* gross. Orange and yellow get eaten together. If there are 3 orange and 2 yellow I eat the extra orange first. Purple and red get eaten together too, but if there are extra red I save those for last because they are the best.

I do the same thing with skittles. I'll empty the whole bag, sort by color, then eat all of one color before moving on to the next.