Opinions/Advice on fat burner supplements?

Options
Cmt0513
Cmt0513 Posts: 14 Member
edited June 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I just ordered my first fat burner today, and the reviews looked pretty good. I'm not trying to lose a significant amount of weight, I'd just love to look extra lean this summer! I exercise regularly and eat really clean, this is just something new I'm trying to add to the mix. Thought I'd come here and see what everyone's experience has been with fat burner supplements. :)

Replies

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I don't like fat burners personally because I have serious sleeping issues and restless legs. Last time I did the fat burner thing I almost ended up fired and in the hospital because it made me so jittery people thought I was on the illegal stuff!
    I have started using 5 htp at night, and provogil during day (with Neuro's help) and they seem to make a huge difference on lowering my appetite.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Most fat burners are just high amounts of caffeine and wont promote fat burning.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I hope that it's not the same one that girl in the UK ordered. It burned fat all right - but it burned her to death from inside out.

If it's legal it doesn't work, if it works it's not legal and almost certainly very dangerous.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Cmt0513 wrote: »
    I just ordered my first fat burner today, and the reviews looked pretty good. I'm not trying to lose a significant amount of weight, I'd just love to look extra lean this summer! I exercise regularly and eat really clean, this is just something new I'm trying to add to the mix. Thought I'd come here and see what everyone's experience has been with fat burner supplements. :)

exercise and eating clean doesnt mean you will lose weight. you lose weight eating in a deficit. and the less you have to lose the slower its going to be.you can still gain/maintain weight eating "clean" and working out.fat is lost in a deficit. nothing else is needed.But exercise is good for the body
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Eca and yohimbine help to some degree
    Eca mainly with apitite suppression and
    Slight thermogenic effect.

All depending on which country you
    Live in really, some very effective fat
    Burners are available otc
  • TacheNoir
    TacheNoir Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    As soneone else already said - I EC stack (plus green tea), and it's working beautifully. Busted right through my plateau, and the weight is literally just dropping off. Never hungry, and my lifting has improved significantly. Very effective, and I'm very pleased with the results. Even my body composition is changing so much quicker than i thought possible.

It's strong stuff though, so I wouldn't recommend it for everyone.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    TacheNoir wrote: »
    TacheNoir wrote: »
    As soneone else already said - I EC stack (plus green tea), and it's working beautifully. Busted right through my plateau, and the weight is literally just dropping off. Never hungry, and my lifting has improved significantly. Very effective, and I'm very pleased with the results. Even my body composition is changing so much quicker than i thought possible.

It's strong stuff though, so I wouldn't recommend it for everyone.

green tea has no effects on fat or anything else. if you are seeing results then you were probably just retaining water and it was masking weight loss,. and if you arent hungry you are eating less so that will result in weight loss.caffeine itself can help improve lifting too.Im not saying what you are taking is not helping some. not sure if you are taking ephedrine or not. .

Not interested in your opinion at all. You're no authority.

its not opinion about the green tea its fact. but if you want to possibly harm your body then be my guest.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    If you can buy it legally consider your money donated
  • inertiastrength
    Options
    @TacheNoir I find EC stack helps me with hunger too, haven't used it in a while but at the beginning it was really helpful
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 905 Member
    Options

As I've said all depends on where u live
    Clen and T3 are available otc in some countries.
  • inertiastrength
    Options
    watts6151 wrote: »

As I've said all depends on where u live
    Clen and T3 are available otc in some countries.

Wasn't aware you could get those OTC, where? I'm moving lol

This discussion has been closed.