all this talk about sodas

Options
2»

Replies

• little_gothic_girl
    little_gothic_girl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

The word "pop" bugs me to no end, I haaaate it, it might be the accent it's said with, but it makes my soul ache!

[/quote]

agreed! ha ha... everyone up north makes fun of my "yall" but somehow "pop" seems weirder!

and back on topic, had to go make some sun tea after someone mentioned it earlier on the thread- its just great value decaf black tea, couldn't for the life of me find my green... :(
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Whether it is a carbonated beverage or sweetened iced tea, sugar is sugar. Sweetened tea, imitation juices, and dessert drinks can have just as much sugar as a coke. It just depends how much sugar is in them. So to answer your question: yes and no. Tea is generally better for you than soft drinks but not when you add a lot of sugar to them.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'm from Michigan too lol I call it soda, but my mom's family came from the east coast so that's probably whyyy
    I'm from Michigan it's "pop" here.

I have given up the diet cokes. I will still get one occasionally when out, but I have to be careful. For me it is my one addiction and I very easily slip back into a daily drinker. I like sun tea I make at home. That helps with satisfying my caffeine issue, as I am not a coffee drinker. But I don't like getting tea out, you never know what it will be. I have had some nasty bitter teas. I also try to avoid any of the powder mixes as they either have natural sugars or artificial sweeteners in them, which is part of why I am giving up the diet cokes. Lately I just take my water everywhere I go. I however don't like to buy bottled water, but that is another whole issue of mine. lol