12 Week Women Only Accountability Group

Options
Hello all you FABULOUS ladies! Myself and others included have been a part of this group for the last three months. We have accomplished GREAT THINGS. We will be continuing for the summer months and hopefully into the fall. This session will run from Monday, June 5th - Sunday, August 27th.

We have weekly weigh-ins (some of us weigh-in less frequently), ongoing discussions about various topics and most important, we cheer each other on!

We would LOVE for you to join us. Please send me a message if you are interested:

SmithsonianEmpress

You can click on the link below to request to join but if you don't receive a response inbox me please.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/119325-sweatin-it-out-summer-2017

We look forward to meeting you and supporting you!!!

Replies

• bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    When I click on the link I am not finding a join button... Please add me to the group
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    When I click on the link I am not finding a join button... Please add me to the group

I sent you a request. Let me know if it went through. I'm so excited!!!
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Hi... sent a join message.
  • PuppyLove0710
    PuppyLove0710 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also requested to join. Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Done and done ladies! Thank you for joining!
  • tlee278
    tlee278 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'd be up for joining. The added support is fabulous!!
  • Artemis_diana
    Artemis_diana Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Are you still accepting interested participants? If so, count me in!! I have been looking for a group like this! Greetings from chilly Moscow!
  • melody_powers13
    melody_powers13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I requested to join :)
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    I requested to join :)

Invitation accepted!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    tlee278 wrote: »
    I'd be up for joining. The added support is fabulous!!

I sent you a request. Let me know if you didn't get it
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Hello there! Are you still accepting interested participants? If so, count me in!! I have been looking for a group like this! Greetings from chilly Moscow!

I sent you a request. Please let me know if you did not receive it. And GREETINGS from far far away. :-) SO GLAD you want to join us.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, because I'm not trying to be argumentative AT ALL, but I'm just wondering - why "women only"? Are there certain topics discussed that may be more sensitive or that members may feel less comfortable about in a more open group? I'm just genuinely curious :). I think any supportive group, where you find people you relate to is great!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    DamieBird wrote: »
    I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, because I'm not trying to be argumentative AT ALL, but I'm just wondering - why "women only"? Are there certain topics discussed that may be more sensitive or that members may feel less comfortable about in a more open group? I'm just genuinely curious :). I think any supportive group, where you find people you relate to is great!

Because men are from Mars and women are from venus ;)
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Because men are from Mars and women are from venus ;)

Fair enough, lol!!
  • Mistywolf3000
    Mistywolf3000 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome! I'm 6/7lbs down with 35 more to go!
  • newlark01
    newlark01 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Have requested to join - am new to mfp so timing is perfect for accountability as I get started
  • b7gilbert
    b7gilbert Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have requested to join. Looking forward to accountability.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options

I was wondering this as well. Given the amount of TOM threads we have on the main forums, I don't see any need to exclude men, and I frankly find said exclusion to be a negative. I've learned a lot from men.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    This is so awesome! I'm 6/7lbs down with 35 more to go!
    newlark01 wrote: »
    Have requested to join - am new to mfp so timing is perfect for accountability as I get started
    b7gilbert wrote: »
    I have requested to join. Looking forward to accountability.

All of you have been accepted to the group. Just a friendly reminder...please go and introduce yourselves. Welcome aboard!