200 CLUB (CLOSED GROUP) New link for members.

Options
Okay Gang we are officially all here present and accounted for. . I know we are all going to have a lot of fun in the coming months. . If there are any suggestions you have for other fun days to include. . please feel free to PM me. . .

Love the fun we are having thus far. . I will try to have a new challenge each day to meet. . . Love the recipe day. . yippie. . . . Please start by introducing yourself. . . and tell a little about yourself if you could. . Thanks

Replies

• evangpattismith
    evangpattismith Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    is there room for me? lol
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm Katie. I'm almost 30 years old (just a few weeks away). I have two daughters (one is almost 3, and the other is almost 1). I'm a registered nurse and work night shift. I am engaged to be married but we still have not decided on a date. I always say we can get married when I lose weight. I guess that means I better get to it!
  • blnorman29
    blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Bonnie, 25 and married with a four year old son. I've been struggling with my weight since college, but it really went out of control when I got pregnant with my son and after he was born. I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism, which makes gaining weight easy and losing it hard, hard, hard. My fifth wedding anniversary is coming up on August 11th and my goal is to get under 200 by then. I'm only a few pounds away so I know I can do it, especially with all the support I've found on here! Thanks all of you. :)
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm Kate, 37, married with a 2 year old daughter. I'm an RN and work 7a-7p 3 days a week...those are the days I don't exercise because a 12 hour shift is enough for me!

I was 160 pounds when I met my husband in May 1998, and my weight has just gone up and up and up since then. (Even though I'm 5'4", I have a large frame, so 160 is a great weight for me.) My high was just over a year ago at 288. I'm definitely an emotional eater. I've done a lot of different diets before but I know that a true lifestyle change is the only thing that will work for me.

Happy to be part of this group!
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone im Amber in 24 years old been with my husband going on 9 years in december ( married 2 ) We have 3 kids Kennedy our lil princess is 7, Maliki wild wild boy 5, and Kaegan our sweet boy 2. im currently a stay at home mom? student looking for work. When my husband and i met i weighed 135 and now 8 1/2 years and 3 kids later ive put on 80 pounds. My husband and i got married at the court house because i was to embarrassed with me to have a wedding and now we have decided in April of 2013 we are gonna renew our vows with a small wedding ceremony ( and i plan onmaking his and everyone else in the rooms jaw drop when they see this smokin hot mamma in her dream dress )
  • KeshiaV
    KeshiaV Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi :) My name is Keshia and I'm 23. After undergrad, I taught for 2 years in rural Louisiana and loved it. Now, I've just relocated to the east coast. I'm starting graduate school for my doctorate in clinical psychology in August and I'm more than thrilled. I've always struggled with my weight because I was diagnosed with PCOS at 13 (an unfortunate hormonal disorder that kind of causes weight gain). I'm determined to healthier and stronger than I've ever been. I love to travel, scrapbook (mostly about my travels), and go to concerts/museums/live performances. I look forward to getting to know you all even better :happy: Cheers!
  • arizonastatejenn
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I am Jenn. I am 26 and also a registered nurse working the night shift. Not snacking at night has definitely been a challenge!! I have been over weight since I was in the 4th grade. I always blame it on my thyroid disorder, but I know that I have never truly worked hard at losing weight. I am beyond motivated now. I think this group is great!! Is there anyway I can be notified if people post in this message board?? I feel like I am missing stuff because I don't know when things get posted on here and other peoples status updates. Thanks for the help!! Look forward to going through this journey together.

Jenn
  • bell33usx2
    bell33usx2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My name is Janice and I'm a 42 year old mother of 4. My oldest is 22 and my youngest 3. :heart: I moved last November here to Southern Cal because of a new job I accepted. I love antiques, reading, gardening, traveling & playing black jack. (lol) I'm tired of not recognizing that person staring back at me from the mirror and want to be in better shape physically and mentally. I want to look nice and sexy and feel comfortable in my clothes. Most important to me, because I have a spirit that won't sit still, I want to be able to actively participate in all the fun and exciting things I've not been able to do that I sooooo want to do. I've lost 27 pounds so far and just recently 14 since joining MFP. I'm headed to a new beginning and look forward to chatting with each and every one of ya!
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hello from KY! I will be turning 31 next month and want to be well on my way to a new and healthier version of me. I have a wonderful and supportive husband of 7 1/2 years. We're currently going through foster classes and hope to hear the pitter patter of little feet around the house this Christmas :bigsmile:

There are many reasons that I've packed on the pounds, but I know that I've turned to food for comfort in dealing with infertility and an ectopic pregnancy last July/August that almost took my life. I'm still here though and feel that God has a huge plan for me, so that's why I'm here to get healthy!

Feel free to add me as a friend and we can support eachother along the way! One thing I've learned along the way on here is that support from MFP buddies makes even my worst food days okay and help me get back on the saddle the next day.

I can't wait to get to know each of you and share this journey together!
  • nrtenagrl
    nrtenagrl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi from Arizona! I'm 29 years old and a stay at home mom. I have two kiddos,. Noah is 4 and Noelle Victoria is 3 and married to Braulio, it will be 7 years this September 4th. I am at my highest weight, weighing in at almost 280 something! I joined a gym and have been trying to eating less hoping for some results. I have tried Atkins before and although it worked.. I don't think that is something I can do for the rest of my life. I am really looking for a life long change. Add me as a friend,.. I need all the support I can get! :)
  • mjtbb
    mjtbb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'll be back later. Busy right now but I want to bookmark the thread.
  • annabubba
    annabubba Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ann and live in California. I have two children, a boy 14, and a girl 10. My daughter is my motivator. She is making sure we exercise every day and that I drink enough water.

I am tired of being fat! When I went over the 200 lb mark I basically went into hiding. I would see people I knew while out and would make a point of going the opposite direction. It has been very isolating. I want my life back and I think MFP is going to help me do that!

Good luck to all and I look forward to reading about every ones progress.
  • MakeupDameGetsFit
    MakeupDameGetsFit Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Jackie and I'm fairly new to MFP. Just now starting to get the "lingo" down and what not... Thanks to my dear friend Becca for turning me on to this website, I am absolutely convinced this has been my missing link. I just posted my first blog today and it goes into more about me if you're interested. Feel free to friend request me and/or shoot me a message or comment on the blog. Take care!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/JackieMM8099/view/a-new-way-of-life-129474
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    200 Club

Jade39 217.5
    Plum Pinky 221.4
    Charlene77 225
    Annabubba 238.5
    Crazymama 181
    Kiersteniscool 236
    OxSweet Aviators
    Txnurse97 242
    Petchonka 207
    Leelynnp 231.8
    Bronwenhilary 258
    Hirundo 225
    Bell33usx2 200
    Bloomsday616 212
    Xtdotwitch 265
    Kskroch 224
    Smcandee 241
    Arizonastatejenn 203.8
    Cthill1 238
    Ktc33 233.2
    Amber_hanners 215
    Mjtbb 206
    Madbabysmama 216.6
    Girlrural
    Upinthecosmos 279.4
    Keishav 229.1
    Llnorman29 204.5
    Sunny613 236
    Pinkig35 210
    Arielian 211.6
    Dollface
    Knottyncrotchety 237.5
    Futurekilousky
    Happy_feet
    Leslyta
    Nrtenagrl
    Jackiemm8099
    Diemondbride
    Gary6030
    evangpattismith

Here are all the people that made it to our happy little group. . welcome. . if your starting weight is missing. .. please just PM me. . .then I can update the thread. . My apologies, but I have been having a rather busy week. .. I will update when I have those numbers. . Thank you. . .
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    200 Club

Jade39 217.5
    Plum Pinky 221.4
    Charlene77 225
    Annabubba 238.5
    Crazymama 181
    Kiersteniscool 236
    OxSweet Aviators
    Txnurse97 242
    Petchonka 207
    Leelynnp 231.8
    Bronwenhilary 258
    Hirundo 225
    Bell33usx2 200
    Bloomsday616 212
    Xtdotwitch 265
    Kskroch 224
    Smcandee 241
    Arizonastatejenn 203.8
    Cthill1 238
    Ktc33 233.2
    Amber_hanners 215
    Mjtbb 206
    Madbabysmama 216.6
    Girlrural
    Upinthecosmos 279.4
    Keishav 229.1
    Llnorman29 204.5
    Sunny613 236
    Pinkig35 210
    Arielian 211.6
    Dollface
    Knottyncrotchety 237.5
    Futurekilousky
    Happy_feet
    Leslyta
    Nrtenagrl
    Jackiemm8099
    Diemondbride
    Gary6030
    evangpattismith
    cherrysourz

Here are all the people that made it to our happy little group. . welcome. . if your starting weight is missing. .. please just PM me. . .then I can update the thread. . My apologies, but I have been having a rather busy week. .. I will update when I have those numbers. . Thank you. . .

Please welcome our newest member cherrysourz and anyone that has not given me a starting weight. . .get them in by today please.
  • mjtbb
    mjtbb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Okay, finally have some time. My name is Melanie. I have a 13 year old daughter, have been married for 23 years. I'm originally from Puerto Rico but came to Richmond, Virginia to get a Master's degree and ended up with a Mister also. Which was very unexpected as I already had plane tickets for my way home. I truly couldn't wait to get home and ended up living here for the last 25 years. I will be 48 in November. Hubby is 51. It looks like I'm an elder in this thread :wink: I work P/T as a Forensic Scientist since my daughter turned 5 and started school. I was F/T before that. I like my job and have wonderful co-workers even though they are getting younger and younger as the years go by... I have Rheumatoid Arthritis since Winter ' 88. It was really bad when I first got it but with time, patience and a lot trial and error it is under semi-control. I ended up with both hips and a shoulder replaced, my wrists are almost fused and a pain in the butt ankle that keeps giving me the fits. On the other hand I can tell when it is going to rain or snow...
    I was never the excercise type person even though I never had weight issues, I was 125 when I got married at 24. After RA, weight kept going up and up. Activity was almost none for a long time and my metabolism went to the dump ergo I reached 231 last year. I have been out of breath every time I even remotely do anything, I need a C-Pap which I don't use, my mom had a triple bypass last Nov. and my sugar kept going up and down, borderline diabetes with a everyone in my family with it. All those things finally woke me up that I had to do something soon.
    So I started MFP at the end of march with my Ipod app. It's working great. I don't know if I was ready for it or what but I'm actually not finding it that difficult. I have done every diet in the world and they never worked right. I was losing so slowly that I got frustrated very easily. Except for nutrisystem, I did really well on that but I was still in my 20's and my metabolism wasn't shot yet. Nowadays, I couldn't afford it plus I wanted to do it right, been able to share with my family and not be "food isolated".
    Okay, this post went too long. I don't think you guys wanted to know everything! in the first post.
    Later,

Mel
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Options
    Good morning all. . . If you don't see a starting weight next to your name please get it to me VIA PM. . Thank you.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join?

eta - 206
  • JenniferLynWhat
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jen, I'm 20. I'm a pre-med student majoring in Biology and Psychology. I've been overweight since before I can remember and I've been trying to lose it for about that long. I haven't been under 200lbs in...forever. Right now I'm at 213.5lbs, hoping to lose it fairly quickly before I get back to school..Who knows