Has anyone tried the Hollywood diet?

Options
I'm just curious to know if it worked for you??

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    My mom had the Beverly Hills diet book when I was a kid. It was silly. Don't know what the Hollywood diet is, though.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    sorry not tried it
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Just Googled it, and it sounds like a terrible idea. You buy a drink mix and drink only that and water for 2 days (No protein in it, and I assume no fat).

OP, a calorie deficit is all you need to lose weight, and you will feel much better if you eat some protein, fat, and fiber everyday. Really.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Any diet has a name like that won't be good, that's without even looking it up.

Call me psychic
  • an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Generally any diet with a 'name' is not going to be worth while. There are exceptions, but I find this fits the 80/20 rule.
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Anyone else just dropping in to hit the Woo button? I seem to do that a lot lately.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    rimary wrote: »
    Actually I have tried it like 6 years ago it was a crazy idea but it worked I lost 15 pound in 3 weeks and I followed everything to the point it's hard to follow and it's not somethings you want to do forever and u need to take some multivitamins while on it plus some exercise as well , I have tried the second book version of it by the way .

I guess it didn't really work out to be a good diet if it didn't teach anyone about maintenance....
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Holyrood diet. Don't forget the salt 'n' sauce!

(Interested to see who gets this)
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options

I'd make a witty comment, but I'm a southerner and thus know better.

• KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

I'm from Dunbar, just outside Edinburgh. Lived in Edinburgh for 12 years :-)

Salt 'n' sauce for me everytime....
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    In actual fact I'm a West-coaster so I think you're all crazy. I don't even take vinegar.