What did you have for breakfast

Options

Replies

• Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I had one egg (scrambled) (80 calories)..sprayed the pan with I Can't Believe It's Not butter 0 calorie spray), 2 slices of Aunt Millie's Whole Grain Light Bread, toasted (35 cals per slice) and threw on a piece of Pepper jack cheese (80 calories). YUM-O!!!! Only 230 calories!:bigsmile:
  • hamilton_mom
    Options
    I'm not a BIG fan on the cooking in the morning...and I have to say that the coffee doesn't normal begin until after I'm out of the house. But a nice bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee is just enough to get me going and stop my belly from rumbling. Then a few hours later once my mind is awake I eat a serving of some good antioxidants like...blueberries, blackberries, or something like that.
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i mix up light activa yogurt and a banana into lower-sugar quaker instant oatmeal..it makes a big pile of delicous mush..but its very good, and healthy. On days where I don't work until the after noon, I make egg white sandwhiches using the microwave and toaster, very easy and very hearty!

sometimes I just go with fruit and toast.

usually have some coffee as well.
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi Go Lean Crunch bars and Balance Bars. I also make my own trail mix. I use a combination of nuts and dried fruit and some whole grain cereal like puffed Kamut, Flax Plus, unsweetened, organic cornflakes... anything that has very few ingredients. It is great because you can eat more than your traditional trailmix for the same number (or less) of calories.
  • naner
    naner Posts: 110
    Options
    I had Special K red berry cereal! Its so YUMMY:happy:
  • hdtoolgirl
    hdtoolgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Today's breakfast was a Fiber One Whole wheat english muffin, with 2tbsp of Natural Peanut Butter, A Weight Watchers Amaretto Cheesecake Yogurt, and a cup of coffee with Hazelnut coffeemate and splenda. About 400 Calories, but I like to eat a big breakfast and smaller lunch and dinner. Need it to get through the day.
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Plenty of great, easy ideas...... Thanks! OFF to the store for me!!
  • chantybear
    Options
    I have almost the same thing everyday
    1/3 cup of regular oatmeal made with 2/3 cup water
    Handful of whatever fruit (strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries)
    1/4 cup of French Vanilla Low Fat Island Farms Yogurt..(the best yogurt!)
    Top it with 1 tbsp of ground flax

It is so good.
  • Bunny001
    Options
    I've never had turkey bacon, is it good?? I think I've been doing breakfast all wrong, I've been eating 2 shredded wheat biscuits in the morning, which I really like but I think I need to add some fruit in for 1 of the biscuits and maybe some protein like the turkey bacon. I am very much a breakfast person and am usually very hungry when I get up.
  • Trailgypsy
    Trailgypsy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    One piece of toasted whole wheat toast
    1/3 cup ww mexican blend cheese
    1 egg over easy

All under 300 calories!
  • mommyofone
    Options
    I just eat a banana and drink a 8 oz cup of OJ
  • mamashrub
    Options
    a Nekked Pancake

Oatmeal, baking soda, egg white, a dash of milk, and 1 tbs of mini chocolate chips:wink:
    mmm..is that the recipe?? how much of each ? what is the method?
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    I had 2 egg omelet w/ 1/2 potato, cheese, and broccoli, yummmy keeps me full most of morning
  • Periphria
    Options
    I have a pouch of instant oatmeal and a large glass (about 2 cups) of water. About three hours after that I have a piece of fruit or handful of veggies. That gets me through my morning.

Cheers:drinker:
  • xenanoo
    Options
    I had 1.5 cup of honey bunches of oats with almonds, .75 a banana cut up into it (kid snaged the other .25) and half a cup of whole milk.

Calories 426
    carbs 79
    fat 9
    protien 11

Its a little high, but will be fine with the excersis im going to do. ;)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I don't like to cook early either but I've been putting an egg in a small microwaveable bowl (I take the yolk out, but you don't have to) and microwave it for 30-45 seconds while I have my english muffin in the toaster. I grab a piece of cheese (lowfat of course for me), some fully cooked bacon(microwave 30-45 seconds), or ham, or canadian bacon, or turkey bacon, or sometimes I just do the egg and cheese. :bigsmile:

There are different English Muffins you can use. I use the original and they're only 120 calories. *****One egg white is only 30 calories******, lowfat cheese I have is only 40 calories per slice, and depending on the meat you use.....my fully cooked bacon I had today was 2 slices for 40 calories. So it only totalled 230 calories and it was goooooooooood :bigsmile: :drinker: :smokin:

Doesn't take long using the microwave......ya don't even feel like you're actually cooking...took me 5 minutes to make it....LOL :laugh: :wink:

Or I just have cereal or a banana or some type of fruit and possibly toast with it. :flowerforyou:

when I enter a hard boiled egg, no yolk, it says 17 cals. so what is the difference between hard boiled and nuked? The white part of the egg only, right? ?????!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal with a little splenda and blueberries and pecans.

Alisha
  • mamashrub
    Options
    one hard boiled egg and a slice of toast w/ peanut butter
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    -1 pkg original Quakers oatmeal
    -(made with) 1/2 C 1% milk, 1/4 C water
    -Medium Fuji apple sliced into it
    -1/2 tsp. brown sugar

-a string cheese stick for late morning snack

About 300cals. YUMMM!!! Every morning! I'm slightly addicted.

98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lilnatn2
    lilnatn2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had two Kashi waffles with 2 TBS maple syrup and a sliced banana on top with half a grapefruit. My favorite! I love breakfast.

55359.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter