Who has actually lost a significant amount of weight using only CICO?

Options
124»

Replies

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    118 pounds, and have maintained that loss for 3 years. Like everyone is saying, it happened because I ate at a caloric deficit. Whether you get that deficit from low carb, or however you choose, you lose weight from eating fewer calories.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm at 120lbs loss using calorie counting and I plan on doing at least another 120. I have more energy, so I move more, but it is primarily a calorie deficit alone that's done the majority of the shedding.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 106 pounds since January. I eat the same thing every day, 1400 calories. I care nothing about macros, I eat mostly carbs, no fat and some protein. Literally chicken and potatoes.

Please tell me this is an exaggeration..

Definitely an exaggeration. Check his diary. He had a Chick Filet sandwich a few days ago. Also, cheese every day. Weird diet though.

Yes slight exaggeration. I should say very little fat.
    It was my birthday, went crazy and had chick fil a for lunch and dinner. Instead of just one a month as my "cheat meal".

You know what they say, If it works, it aint crazy. I'm full every day, and do't fall into my old trap of no plan for a meal so I get fast food or pizza. Starting on the 6th month now and still look forward to my potatoes every meal. I just boil and mash red potatoes in batches of 2 days worth of meals. Then put them in the waffle maker. They are honest to god better than french fries.

I'm sure they are. It's just that your nutrition sucks. Hopefully you are taking good vitamins.
  • arrghmatey1
    arrghmatey1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am interested in hearing from those who have lost a significant amount of weight 60+lbs, using only the CICO method? how long did this take you?
    Not wanting stories of people you know, or if you lost 20lbs - I wan't to hear from those who were actually able to significantly change their lives using CICO.

I have lost 63 lbs in a 163 days using only CICO form of dieting. By CICO I mean detailed logging and specified reduction of the calories I have eaten.

I have done limited exercise such as treadmill or walking and at no time did I eat back any of those calories projected for that activity.

I keep detailed records and I cannot correlate any significant extra weight loss for those exercise periods in fact when those periods exceeded more than a couple hundred calories I could correlate a significant slowing or stopping of my weight loss.

My weight loss as of this date with its strict dietary controls has allowed me to eliminate all of my type two diabetes medications and control it strictly through diet and limited exercise.

I have dropped 8 pants sizes and 2 shirt sizes. (48 to 40 almost 38) (4xl or 3xlt to 2xl)

My diet consists of complex carbs with a mild reduction in there amount and the rest of the macros I try to meet when possible.

I am not about arguing whether you can lose weight eating fast food or any of the other stuff I hear on these forums.

I have grown accustomed to my diet and I suffer no ill effects and my level of satiety is very good.

I am 57 and 5' 11" tall with general good health and with the exception of still being obese by 6 points.

I have gone from 317.6 lbs to 255 lbs to date. I have no intentions of stopping till I reach 180 lbs and at that point I will continue to log maintenance.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    115lbs since October 2015 and not a single gym visit, jumping jack or dvd - just calorie counting and portion control.
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 pounds and maintained it for 7 years using MFP. Am now starting the program to lose the next 40
  • dale050467
    dale050467 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    20 months to lose 188# using CICO
  • ClaireGleek
    ClaireGleek Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    12 months to lose 69 pounds using CICO with my only exercise being walking

10811918.png
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I am interested in hearing from those who have lost a significant amount of weight 60+lbs, using only the CICO method? how long did this take you?
    Not wanting stories of people you know, or if you lost 20lbs - I wan't to hear from those who were actually able to significantly change their lives using CICO.

You define "significant" as being 60+ pounds. I find that rather arbitrary, since 60 pounds on one person may be much more significant than another.

So since everyone I know who's made comments to me about my changes say it's significant, I'll chime in too, despite losing "only" 40 pounds.

I took control of my eating habits in early February with fairly meticulous logging, weighing and measuring of food. I had already started to lose a little just by cutting way back on my only real vice: drinking sugary soda.

I have been at it since then, eating less, moving more, retaining a deficit. I eat (close to) the calories MFP recommends, including 60-100% of exercise calories most days. My weight loss has averaged about 2 pounds per week and I am slowing it down to 1.5 as a target for the next 10-15 pounds, then down to 0.5 to 1.0 for the last bit until going into maintenance, hopefully by the fall.

I eat foods I like. I still drink a few sodas a week. I eat chocolate chip cookies almost every day. I'll eat close to maintenance for a day every once in awhile.

CI relative to CO is an energy balance equation. It has to work. Nobody is special. Thermodynamics applies to everything. Nothing else will work to lose weight. Nothing else will work to gain weight either if that's your goal.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    I've lost 130 lb since September. For most of that time the weight loss was purely based on diet, because I had joint problems that severely limited my activity.

Now that I've taken 130 lb of stress off my joints they're working a lot better and exercise is an important part of my life, but it's still all about counting my calories in, estimating my calories out, and making sure CI - CO is negative; leaving plenty of room for error in the estimate.
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    WilliamAndersonLMHC Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I lost 140 pounds and have kept it off for over 30 years. That's after 25 years of being overweight and failing with faulty diet and exercise schemes. In the end, success came with developing habits that get the caloric balance right. Now, it's easy. It's all habit.
  • BigMo2017
    BigMo2017 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 lbs in the last 15 weeks just counting calories and walking when I can instead of using the car.