Your favorite kitchen gadgets for cooking?

Options

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it counts as a gadget but I LOVE my Dutch Oven- use it all the time. We also got a very nice setting of knives as a wedding present a few years back- the chef's knife is great.

Oh, my SIL got me an electric kettle that you can actually set how hot you want your water to get- I am becoming something of a tea snob and that has really been a great to taste the difference.

We also get a lot of mileage out of our enamel coated Dutch ovens! We have 4, in varying shapes and sizes :lol: And I love my electric kettle, way more than I ever thought I would. I can't imagine not having one now.

You also can't go wrong with high quality knives!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My pots and pans and dutch ovens and my knives...I don't have too many gadgets really.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    My knives, slow cooker, Foreman grill, immersion blender... I love all my gadgets.

Someone got me a Yonannas dessert maker which I thought I would never use but it makes really good desserts and adult beverages. They had no recipes for the beverages but I figured it out. A fun summertime gadget.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    My Traeger, pork shoulder is the best.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Instant Pot, slow cooker, blendtec blender and spiralizer
  • Carolyn1965032017
    Carolyn1965032017 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My Kenwood Prospero Kitchen Machine.
    It does loads. Whisks, Mixes, Dough Hook, Blender, Julcer, Centrafuegal Juicer, Slices, Dices, Chops, Mills And Grounds and last of all it Minces. Only thing it doesn't so is spiralizer . So I bought one of them too
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    My knives and Silpat.

I'm looking for a really good blender/food processor. Can't afford a Vitamix.

The food processor I have now is too big and doesn't do the best job and is difficult to clean.
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I love my George Foreman grill. We don't have an actual grill (apartment living), and for a quick "no added fat" way to cook, it's my fave. Also my non-stick skillets!
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Pressure cooker, cast iron skillet, and Vitamix
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,029 Member
    Options
    Old school: toaster oven, cheese grater with catch container on the bottom, cast iron skillet.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Microplanes for citrus zest, garlic, ginger, hard cheese. Immersion blender too.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    My rice cooker and my grandma's cast iron skillet, which is better than any cast iron you can buy today.
  • TravelingGuru
    TravelingGuru Posts: 18 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hmmm... my knives and cast irons are essential, though likely not a "gadget."

I love my vitamix, spiralizer and food processor. I have a kick-*kitten* slow cooker that I can sear meat in and cook gravy. No need for other skillets or pans. I use an egg slicer for eggs and strawberries...
  • raidgirl
    raidgirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love my Cuisinart 7 cup food processor , my 5 qt Instant Pot , Cuisinart 3.5 quart slow cooker and my LeCreuset Dutch oven
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    1. Vitamix - best money every spent on a piece of kitchen equipment
    2. Oster- easy to toast and warm food - much better than a microwave
    3. Small food processor makes it easy to chop onions, peppers, garlic etc. Stops me from cutting my hand with the knife.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    My two Le Creuset dutch ovens (in Julia Child orange-red!) that are in the place of honor on my stove top; my particular favorite knives; and my ginormous cherry-red stock pot/gumbo pot. I used to hot-water-bath can in it too, but have a legit pressure canner now.

For an actual gadgety-gadget, my immersion blender. It keeps me from burning myself in new and unusual ways. But I'm not passionate and emotional about it like I am my dutch ovens, stock pot and knives--they will likely be the defining elements of my kids' memories of their mama in the kitchen, along with big piles of herbs, pies, deconstructed chickens, all the home-grown vegetables, and pint after pint of jarred tomato sauce, and peach or strawberry-rhubarb jam.
  • Gerokenny
    Gerokenny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    George Foreman grill
  • tobehappy2017
    tobehappy2017 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Instant pot(the kiddo freaks out when i use the stove top due to the jingle sounds,so i pretty much stopped using it),Cast iron round griddle and the 8 inch skillet.
    Eyeing the Vitamix,but it has to wait :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    George Foreman and Instant Pot I guess. Oh and immersion blender.

I kinda want a food processor but I hate cleaning those things, so if I'm going to spend 5 minutes doing something, I'd rather chop veggies than cleaning them (then have to find room to let it dry).
  • tequila5000
    tequila5000 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My Cutco knives!