What are your go-to foods to deal with cravings or being peckish?

Options
I fully advocate healthy satisfying meals, but there's no foolproof way to completely avoid getting peckish in the afternoon after a rubbish night's sleep, or sugar cravings when work is stressing me out.

And I can never 'just have one' biscuit - if I start, I'll eat a whole pack.

When I'm feeling bored and peckish in the afternoon I usually turn to celery sticks because I can munch mindlessly without worrying about calories.

In the evening if I'm still hungry after dinner I'll make a massive plate of steamed broccoli and cauliflower with a bit of butter and salt.

Or if I can't stop thinking about sugar, I go for berries, or chocolate chip snack-a-jacks, or an iced latte with a shot of sugar-free flavouring.

I'd be interested to know what other people's hero-foods are, that they turn to when their willpower is fading or so they can stay on track without feeling completely deprived. It would help to have a few more ideas in my arsenal!!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I don't snack. I find something else to do, I've come to the realisation that eating doesn't make anything better, even if it's just a pile of celery sticks.
  • julie20170512
    julie20170512 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    70% or 85% dark chocolate
    Homemade soda : Soda water + stevia + a splash of Pomegranate juice
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I either eat something I want to eat, or I don't eat. I've finally been able to stop eating just to eat.
  • InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    On my current "plan" I just eat whatever it is I'm craving...

When I used to do paleo (years ago) I used it have a couple of squares of 80% dark chocolate, melted in the microwave and poured over a bowl of strawberries. That did the trick.

Actually, I quite fancy that now....
  • spumroy
    spumroy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My go to is those little cuties. 45 calories each. They seem to satisfy me.