I need no carbs recipes ASAP

Options
karolinasyroka2000
karolinasyroka2000 Posts: 11 Member
I just ate my whole daily carbs allowance and still have like 600kcal to eat... do you have any recipes for food that has no carbs and is tasty? I don't want to eat just plain meat

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Go to the convenience store and get yourself some beef jerky.

Or have a couple cans of tuna sprinkled with seasoning.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Egg white omelet.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Green leafy vegetables are not no carbs but most of the carbs are fiber.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Everything that isn't "just meat" has carbs. If you eat 10g of carbs from leafy greens you're not going to get thrown out of keto, and weight loss won't abruptly end.
  • wendhall
    wendhall Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    There are alot of recipes for spiralized vegetables I have been trying lately. You can buy them at the grocery store already cut or get a small tool to do it. Also a peeler can be used. Zucchini squash carrots work well. I bought some butternut squash ones already made and sauted them in a little butter with garlic salt and pepper. Very tasty and a good noodle replacement. Some use spagetti squash as noodles also. Cauliflower can be used mashed ar riced. I made a good fried rice with cauliflower riced I found in the freezer section and stir fried it with scrambled egg and chopped onions peppers garlic and soy sauce.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    She'll never get her 600 cal of protein from veggies. 600 g of zucchini has 20g of carbs and 7g protein, 96 calories. That's six servings of zucchini for 42g of protein.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Options
    When did OP say they need 600 cals of protein? All they said was low carb and they are sick of meat. I suppose peanut butter cookies (peanut butter plus an egg mixed and baked) could be close to an option. But there is going to be trace carbs in anything that isn't pure animal meat or extracted vegetable fats.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    She said she had used up her carb allotment today. That leaves fats and protein. The list of foods that have ONLY fat and protein in it is pretty short. Veggies and legumes would not apply.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Options
    What she's asking for is not possible though. She needs to eat fiberous carbs, or she needs to eat a chunk of meat. There are few to no other options.

We don't know OP's reason for carb restriction, but if it's to "low carb" or "keto", 40 carbs from fiberous veggies is most likely not going to throw them out, especially if they are physically active. Even if it did they'd be right back in keto by the end of the night.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't worry about going over my carb macro...there's nothing magical about the macro settings.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't worry about going over my carb macro...there's nothing magical about the macro settings.

This.

What's the reason for worrying about carbs, OP? If it's just that you want to hit your macros and they are the default macros (or really most others), then realize that no one is perfect, it doesn't hurt to go over a macro (so long as calories are right), and figuring out how to hit specific macros is going to be a process, it's not a reason to stop eating or to avoid having vegetables with your dinner (which is what you'd have to do -- you'd have to eat basically just meat, cheese, eggs (and even eggs aren't 100% carb-free).

If it's that you are trying to do a low carb diet, there is more reason to avoid going over carbs, but even so it's going to take time to learn how to hit your numbers (and from your first post I don't really think you are doing super low carb anyway).

Basically, MFP's macros are guidelines, can be helpful to think about in balancing a diet, getting enough protein IS important, but for most people going over on fat or carbs doesn't matter so long as you aren't way too low on protein. Going over carbs or fat or protein won't prevent you from losing, and you may find you prefer different macros after a while.
  • karolinasyroka2000
    karolinasyroka2000 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to lower my carbs intake, I'm not on a keto diet, but I want to prepare myself for it and start it in a couple of weeks since I heard it's a very healthy diet. I ate a lot of fruits and veggies today so I hit the limit fast but didn't cover my calorie intake. I just went for an omelette with bacon. Gonna watch my diet better tomorrow. Thanks for all the answers, it was helpful:)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    wendhall wrote: »
    There are alot of recipes for spiralized vegetables I have been trying lately. You can buy them at the grocery store already cut or get a small tool to do it. Also a peeler can be used. Zucchini squash carrots work well. I bought some butternut squash ones already made and sauted them in a little butter with garlic salt and pepper. Very tasty and a good noodle replacement. Some use spagetti squash as noodles also. Cauliflower can be used mashed ar riced. I made a good fried rice with cauliflower riced I found in the freezer section and stir fried it with scrambled egg and chopped onions peppers garlic and soy sauce.

All those things are carbs.... With the exception of scrambled egg.

OP-if you like fruit and vegetables so much, why are you trying to limit them? I couldn't do keto as it would mean eating less fruits and vegies, and that makes me sad!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to lower my carbs intake, I'm not on a keto diet, but I want to prepare myself for it and start it in a couple of weeks since I heard it's a very healthy diet. I ate a lot of fruits and veggies today so I hit the limit fast but didn't cover my calorie intake. I just went for an omelette with bacon. Gonna watch my diet better tomorrow. Thanks for all the answers, it was helpful:)

You heard it was a very healthy diet? Not really. Look up the Blue Zone.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds
  • L2325
    L2325 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Subtract the fiber from your total carbs. This is a more realistic representation of net carbs. I wish the app would do this for us.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    L2325 wrote: »
    Subtract the fiber from your total carbs. This is a more realistic representation of net carbs. I wish the app would do this for us.

Except that in pretty much every country save for the US, labels are already net carb, so by doing to you may be subtracting the fiber twice and completely underestimating your net carb intake as a result.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    L2325 wrote: »

Except that in pretty much every country save for the US, labels are already net carb, so by doing to you may be subtracting the fiber twice and completely underestimating your net carb intake as a result.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'm a diabetic so net carbs are important to me - what I did was set up an extra column with fiber next to the carbs, so I can see it. I will have to watch out for European database entries. The USDA ones should be safe.