Newbie with big weight loss goal

Options
Hi there,

My name's Annika and I'm 27. I am severely overweight and would like to loose about 30kg, not just to be skinnier, but to live a healthy life. I would love anyone's advice who has already lost their first pounds or even reached their final goals. I feel like most of the time I know where I go wrong, I just have trouble refraining from the urge to binge - a lot. I look forward to connecting to the people on this forum!

X

Replies

• solamentechica
    solamentechica Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome Annika! Hope all goes well and continue towards your goals. Its not easy which is the truth but if its about health then think really hard cause that is where I'm at right Now! I am 320+ and have diabetes and blood pressure meds. Hopefully in a week I will see the difference! Don't give up!

Maria
  • AnnikaACB
    AnnikaACB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome Annika! Hope all goes well and continue towards your goals. Its not easy which is the truth but if its about health then think really hard cause that is where I'm at right Now! I am 320+ and have diabetes and blood pressure meds. Hopefully in a week I will see the difference! Don't give up!

Maria

Thanks Maria! Yes, getting healthy is really my top priority. I've been tested for diabetes multiple times, but luckily I'm still clear. If I keep going like this though, one day I won't be. I wish you lots of luck with your health goals as well! We can do this :)!
  • solamentechica
    Options
    As hard as the journey can be always keep in mind if one thing don't work then there is another way to the solution!
  • midtownmel1
    midtownmel1 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi Maria and Annika ~ I'm a newbie again, and at 51, keep going in the wrong direction. I have 98 pounds to lose to hit my goal weight. I'm not focusing so much on that number as I am breaking 240 pounds. I'm trying to take it in 10 pound increments. I used to be very active, prior to moving back to Michigan in February 2016. Between the travel for work, my inactivity, and not making wise choices, I've gained 20 pounds since moving. My goal is to hit 228 pounds by my 52nd birthday on 9/28!
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of weight to lose probably between 100 - 130 lbs. It takes time and patience. You got to take it one day at time, it will happen. Stay motivated and stay on track! 4 years ago I lost close to 100 lbs, then life happened and well it all came back .. I was frustrated, mad and discouraged, but eh .. at least this time around I have experience :) Let's do this !!! If you'd like feel free to add me : )
  • solamentechica
    Options
    Well good luck, I myself have to loose 200+ and its a working progress! Haven't given up or thought of it!