just another Q for the men out there

Options
2»

Replies

• sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    I'm not a guy but occasionally I sleep on the couch. Sometimes it is just because he snores like a freight train, and is a really big guy who doesn't roll over but flops. So when I'm super tired I will sometimes sleep on the couch.

But I agree with others. You need to tell him how much it is bothering you. If he is any thing like my husband he is clueless. More than likely if you haven't noticed anything else wrong it is exactly what he says it is.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Don't know about your location but lately it's been uncomfortably hotter here. Sleeping next to a body makes it even worse.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Lots of couples don't share a bed for whatever reason. Unless he is pulling away in the daytime or not wanting to be intimate, I wouldn't be too concerned.
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    In the last year I've only slept the whole night in the same bed as my girlfriend 1-2 times. Neither of us can ever get to sleep. She needs so many blankets I sweat to death, and she needs the windows closed and the fan off, so I suffocate. I've ended up sleeping on the floor a few times because it was more comfortable. Usually we sleep together for an hour or so, then one or other of us goes to a different room and maybe rejoin in the morning.

Bottom line: I don't know your situation, but you shouldn't assume that wanting to sleep in his own bed is weird or an indictment on your relationship.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I often slept on the couch or in the recliner when my wife has to wake up earlier than me because I didn't want to sleep yet. Also, I like watching TV sometimes and she doesn't. There you go.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You do need to tell him, and he does need to know that it upsets you.

There may well be a reason you haven't thought of, but if you let it become the norm you're probably storing up a problem for the future even if it isn't one yet.

You also need to convince him to be honest and not hold it against him if he is, (eg how would you feel if he said you had bad breath or something?).

Pick your moment, be brave, and good luck
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Chill out. A lot of guys like to sleep alone. I hate sleeping with others. Maybe you fart in your sleep.

Funny that you mention this. My husband told me this week that I fart a lot when I sleep. Apparently, it's really loud too.

Anyway, despite my gas, he would never want to be away from me at night. He and I both are very clingy.

My husband and I always sleep in the same bed as long as I'm not traveling (out of state). Something would be dramatically wrong if we didn't. However, every couple is different, and you can't judge your relationship on what we do.
  • paulmg1234
    paulmg1234 Posts: 37
    Options
    I definitely find that I get a much better night's sleep if I am sleeping alone. I even find my 5lb chihuahua too warm. I love the freedom to move around and spread out. I would not take his sleeping on the couch as any signs of pulling away from you.