How to reduce body fat? - pic included

Options
ambzzzoo
ambzzzoo Posts: 1 Member
edited June 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi guys,
I would like to know your opinions on what I need to do to reduce my body fat & to tone my stomach. I eat healthily (about 1,800-2,000 cals a day) & have been running (interval), spinning and training legs (weights) to try and reduce my body fat but am unsure how to lose this fat from my stomach.

[Image removed]

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Eating at a deficit will help you lose body fat - unfortunately you can't spot reduce though, so you'll just need to keep going until you lose it from your stomach.

You mention rough calories, but not whether this is deficit or not. Eating healthy food is great, but too much is still too much - make sure you're determining your intake accurately and sticking to you calorie goal
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Eat in a deficit.

Continue resistance training to help retain muscle.

Be patient.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Eat in a deficit.

Be patient.

x2
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Eat in a deficit.

Be patient.

x2

x3

You can't spot reduce. Your genetics determine how your body fat comes off, and for many people the midsection is (unfortunately) the last place it will go from. No particular exercise or eating any particular food/supplement can change that.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

T-Mag. LOL.
    And he conveniently omits discussion of the illegal/controlled substance cutting agents most bodybuilders use during pre-contest prep to cut fat.

How about an actual scientific study instead?: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21804427

As far as fasted cardio for spot reduction, plenty of research review on that here: http://weightology.net/fat-loss/fasted-cardio-an-undeserved-good-reputation.html/
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit over time. Cannot spot reduce. Sounds like you're on the right track. If you're not losing any weight, ensure you are not eating more than you think, count calories/log food/weigh food, etc.
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others who mention eating st a deficit. For me if I was eating the amount of calories you were eating I would actually be either gaining weight or maintaining my weight.

That's great you're incorporating strength training.
    If you want feel free to tell us your height and weight and we might be able to help you when more. Good luck!!
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you can't spot reduce body fat. Just maintain a calorie deficit to lose weight and lift to improve body composition. There really is no secret.
  • Jesse4322
    Jesse4322 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Join the crowd
  • Jesse4322
    Jesse4322 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Guess my hips and waist? measurements 2vspi5avz5bb.png
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Jesse4322 wrote: »
    Guess my hips and waist? measurements 2vspi5avz5bb.png

Find yourself a tape measure. No guessing involved...