Just wondering

Options
idabug3
idabug3 Posts: 43 Member
I just started this program and don't seem to be doing well no matter what I do. Does anyone have any suggestions for a jump start ( Lose a few fast) I can do before I get too discouraged?:grumble:

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. Set your sights on the changes you will have made a few weeks out; not overnight.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary so I don't know what you're eating. What's your daily goals? If it's too low and you're not eating enough, that may be an issue. If it's up there and you aren't active enough, could be that your results won't show as quickly as some. You'd just have to be patient in that case. Difficult to say without much info.
  • send2ducky
    send2ducky Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started off with the south beach diet for a couple of weeks and walked a mile a day. South beach was rather restrictive, but it helped me learn to control some of my eating habits and I dropped 8 pounds in the two weeks, which gave me a stronger incentive to loose weight. Now I control my caloric intake better and walk 4 miles a day and do zumba twice a week. I have been doing this since May 2nd and have lost 33 pounds to date.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    there's not much information to go on. how much are you eating? exercising? etc...
  • madsickles
    Options
    There was this article in the men's health from yahoo that had a lot of good tips....here's the link......Good Luck!
    http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/20-habits-that-make-you-fat
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    This may not be what you want to hear, but it took over a month for my scale to move when I first started. But since then, I've lost 18 pounds, gained back 5 on a trip abroad for a month, and then lost 2 of those, all within a little over a year, which makes me 3 lbs away from my goal weight. Like the other poster said, slow and steady wins the race. And MFP is great support, especially when that scale isn't moving!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. Set your sights on the changes you will have made a few weeks out; not overnight.

That's what I always tell myself.
  • idabug3
    idabug3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks!