Options
13»

Replies

• niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    VegasFit wrote: »
    I hike. I wish I could get out more. My scenery doesn't look like the above pictures as I am in Las Vegas. I live right by Red Rock and there are some great short hikes there for all levels. For more greenery if I drive an hour outside of town there is Mt. Charleston. I'm actually going to California this weekend and will get some hiking in. I agree that Meetup.com is great for finding hikes and in my experience the groups are very friendly.

Red Rock area is beautiful!

I just went there this past week! Also Valley of Fire, Bryce, and Zion. So pretty but also lots of physical works :p
    Wondering if the experience would be much different in the fall (if the temperature drops more)...

• JamieDeck1975
    JamieDeck1975 Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    20130521_103352_zps9d228af0.jpg

Nice view of Mt Colden.

I am currently working on my 46 :)
  • Decten1988
    Decten1988 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love hiking its awesome while im using my pedometer watch so i can track my steps and distance
    plus my heart rate
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    VegasFit wrote: »
    I hike. I wish I could get out more. My scenery doesn't look like the above pictures as I am in Las Vegas. I live right by Red Rock and there are some great short hikes there for all levels. For more greenery if I drive an hour outside of town there is Mt. Charleston. I'm actually going to California this weekend and will get some hiking in. I agree that Meetup.com is great for finding hikes and in my experience the groups are very friendly.

Red Rock area is beautiful!

I just went there this past week! Also Valley of Fire, Bryce, and Zion. So pretty but also lots of physical works :p
    Wondering if the experience would be much different in the fall (if the temperature drops more)...

Not sure what you mean by physical works but this time of year you really have to get out early or head to Mt. Charleston to beat the heat. Valley of Fire is beautiful too but definitely hot out there! I hope to check out Zion soon.
  • WhitneyDurham777
    WhitneyDurham777 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    j0ab4n8fadne.jpg

Yesterday in LCC
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I love to hike and luckily live near lots of great hiking. I'm right between Big Basin and Henry Cowell state parks in northern CA with both parks 15-30min from my house.