Weight-loss and breastfeeding

Is there a way to factor breastfeeding in to this app? Obviously feeding my child needs to be priority one over losing weight, but if there is a way for me to do both, now that would be amazing!!

Replies

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Lots of ways to get this done; the easiest is to set your goal to "maintain" and let bfing create your deficit.

How old is your baby? Are you supplementing with formula? Solids?
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    I agree with the above. My daughter is 6.5 months old and I eat at maintenance. Just nursing and regular daily activity burns between 0.5 and 1.5 pounds a week. It started to slow a bit with the introduction of solids but I just exercise a bit more and the pounds keep dropping.

Weight loss for me is a another great perk of breastfeeding.
  • lovetolose17
    lovetolose17 Posts: 31 Member
    I select "nursing mother, breastfeeding" in the foods list and enter it into my daily calories. It adjust the carbs, sugars, etc., based on the number of ounces entered, which I estimate based on pumping and experience. Nursing is so unique to each mother and baby/babies so I don't know how accurate it is.

Like the others say, you can just set to maintain, too. My nurslings are older so I figure I burn about 300 calories a day. I think it's AT LEAST 500 per day for an EBF baby. :)