Not looking any different with weight loss

2»

Replies

• Runningmemaw
    Runningmemaw Posts: 11 Member
    I'm at the edge of petite...height wise....when I lose my weight nobody notices until I lose at least 20 lbs...then it is like - wow, when did that happen? LOL....I can tell a difference though....

As long as YOU know what is going on and keep at it, people will notice soon enough. Sometimes they see it but they don't want to say anything right away thinking it may be "rude" or what if you were sick or something, then when you keep losing and get they'll get the courage to say something about it :)

Good luck on your journey!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    You know thats a really good question!

I have a friend who's not much taller then you(She's 5 ft on a good day!) and she's lost 50 pounds, but it looks like she's lost nothing, but her clothes are too big, etc. Me on the other hand, I'm 5'9 have only lost half that, and I look way different!

I think a lot of the difference is attributed to height.

Taller people I believe, have more area to distribute their weight... so when they lose it's really noticeable because we get that "beanpole" look.. esp. the ones of us with long legs! When we gain, it's the same predicament.. more area to spread the weight around, so 5-10 won't show on us as much as it would a shorter person.
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    sometimes i find that others will notice weight loss, but even after losing 13lbs i still can't see a difference... :$ we are our own worst critics, really. if you start strength training and doing yoga you may see more dramatic results! that's how it was for me, at least.