Losing Weight - Exercise To Tighten Loose Skin?

Options
I'm only 25 but my skin is getting so loose and wrinkly almost saggy in parts where I have lost weight. Mainly on my chest area and stomach. Is there a way I can tighten my skin? Any exercises I can do to help this? I'm trying to drink a lot more water to rehydrate my skin but haven't noticed any difference. I'm happy with my weight loss achievements but this side effect is getting me quite down and self conscious :( I go to the gym 4 times a week already but is there anything specific I could start incorporating into my routine to help this?

Replies

• JennyNelson2
    JennyNelson2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Dry brush your skin to encourage circulation. Use an essential oil like grapefruit or lemon or lime mixed into a base oil and rub into the skin to encourage lymphatic drainage. Drink tons of water. Cold showers and hot baths too.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    There are no exercises that will tighten skin.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    You can't exercise skin or fat.
    Give it time, genetics and your history will determine how much your skin recovers.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Dry brush your skin to encourage circulation. Use an essential oil like grapefruit or lemon or lime mixed into a base oil and rub into the skin to encourage lymphatic drainage. Drink tons of water. Cold showers and hot baths too.

Not this.
  • xo0candypops0ox
    xo0candypops0ox Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your responses... Looks like there's not a lot I can do :( I was hoping if it built up some muscle beneath my skin it would stretch it out and make it look more full again. Guess I have to wait.
  • margotlovesyou
    margotlovesyou Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Don't panic too much, just give it time to catch up to your weight loss. If you can get your hands on Palmers Cocoa Butter it's a good skin firming lotion, I think Nivea's firming lotion is pretty good too :)