6 months Heavy Lifting.

Options
PartyKardy
PartyKardy Posts: 172 Member
So here we are. I've been lifting heavy weights for about 6 months now. My starting weight was 173 and the second photo is 147. I still have a long way to go but I'm getting there. I have been working really hard and eating tons of food. It's actually been kinda fun and not torture as usual. (My usual was like 1000 cals and cardio. BOOO) can't wait to see 9 months and a year and what I'll look like.

0ilyaqgoasnc.jpg

Replies

• Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Good job!!! Looking good. YOU HAVE A THIGH GAP!!!! YAY!
  • newdawn1974
    newdawn1974 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Very impressive, whatever you do, keep doing it! Out of curiousity, what is your lifting regimen and what your progression's been like ?
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this i want to get into heavy lifting and I loved seeing this post !
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes, b e a u t i f u l progress! You look fabulous and strong and just made me so very eager to get into the heavy lifting business :smiley: (I will, once I can afford the gym, that's for sure!)
  • alkight84
    alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Do you do only one day of hiit? Great job!!!!
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Scale numbers down, max rep numbers up. Great work. Keep crushin it!
  • PartyKardy
    Options
    @alkight84 I hate cardio and it's not strictly necessary to do all the time especially if trying to build strength
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    @PartyKardy You look great!!!
  • Coltsforlife84
    Coltsforlife84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    nice !
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I feel the poster referencing the "thigh gap"... I like it too when it's accompanied by nice, strong shapely legs... not unlike appreciating a small and shapely waist line, an hourglass figure, a "shelf"etc, attributes that not everyone has (or can get) but still can be appreciated.... yes I have a gap as well, with strong shapely legs.. no undereating here, that's for sure. lol
  • margotlovesyou
    margotlovesyou Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! I'm all about weights and food vs hungry cardio
  • ldwatene
    ldwatene Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Just amazing!
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    RNsusieQ wrote: »
    Chena83 wrote: »
    Good job!!! Looking good. YOU HAVE A THIGH GAP!!!! YAY!

This makes me so incredibly sad......praising a phenomenon that is primarily due to genetic disposition/bone structure or extreme dieting.

@PartyKardy Congrats on the huge muscle gains, fueling yourself properly & enjoying what you are doing! The grass is in fact greener on the heavy lifting side :smiley:

Actually that genetics "phenomenon" also reveals when losing fat so GREAT JOB OP :wink:

• venuscaelestis
    venuscaelestis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I want to get into heavy lifting. It's something I never thought I'd say about myself maybe 6 months ago but posts like this have inspired me and I want to be strong like the rest of you! Thanks for posting.
  • PartyKardy
    Options
    @venuscaelestis you should get into it! It's much more fun than Cardio in my opinion and it will change your body in ways cardio just can't!
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I just started lifting last week and I hope to have a success story to share 6 months from now! Thank you so much for the inspiration! Did you go directly to free weights or did you start with nautilus?
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing! I haven't seen that much change myself in many more months.
  • PartyKardy
    Options
    @christinedlg50 I went straight for free weights lifting as heavy as I could (which wasn't much haha)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!