Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Is counting calories/macros destroying our enjoyment of food?

leanitup123
leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
Interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Nope
  • leanitup123
    Love reading everyone's opinions on the subject. Though many of you are saying that counting calories has no negative influence on your enjoyment of food, do you think it has had an effect on your relationship with food (example: looking at 2 choices on a menu and seeing only numbers, choosing the lower calorie option, etc.)?
  • leanitup123
    mph323 wrote: »
    Love reading everyone's opinions on the subject. Though many of you are saying that counting calories has no negative influence on your enjoyment of food, do you think it has had an effect on your relationship with food (example: looking at 2 choices on a menu and seeing only numbers, choosing the lower calorie option, etc.)?

Not really. I order what I want, eat the amount that fits into my calorie goal and take the rest home.

great!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    At times it does for me which is why I very seldom track my food.

I think it's hit or miss on an individual level. It's definitely NOT a good fit for some people long term.