Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    In my experience it doesn't make a difference what times you eat
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    When everyone (Oprah, for example) started telling us all not to eat at night, it was really for behavioral reasons. People who ate a reasonable, healthy diet all day long sat in front of the t.v. for an hour or two at night and consumed hundreds or thousands of calories without realizing it by mindlessly snacking on chips or ice cream or whatever.

Therefore, the latest diet advice several years ago became, "Don't eat at night."

I like a small snack before bed. It helps me sleep better and longer. If I go to bed hungry, I wake up in the middle of the night starved. If I eat too much before bed, I'm uncomfortable and can't sleep or have weird dreams.

I say do whatever makes you feel the best and sleep the best.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    kendallvon wrote: »
    Ive lost 143lb and sometimes ill eat while im in bed in the middle of the night lol

I've lost 172 and do the same thing! I really don't think it matters.

It sure doesnt :)
    So long as were all in a deficit the loss will be there no matter the timings :)
  • tdmarion40
    tdmarion40 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I usually have some sort of snack late at night..maybe a cup of watermelon, or a small portion of unsweetened applesauce or laughing cow cheese...nothing big but i do snack at night...lot better than what i used to snack on at night lol
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    9:30 and I just finished dessert. I'll probably be in bed by 10:30 because my sleep schedule Friday-Sunday is awful and I use Monday night/Tuesday morning to catch up.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Mrs was singing, "You can eat crackers in my bed anytime".