Recipe tool help?

Options
Echo1334
Echo1334 Posts: 6 Member
Hi all I'm pretty new to MFP and found myself kinda stuck with using the recipe tool. What Im trying to do is import my recipe for Tzatziki. The issue is that I make it in bulk and have no clue how many servings it has nor will the serving amounts be the same and Im currently waiting for a scale to come in. So has anyone had to figure out how many servings to list for the recipe without a scale or any good way to tell how many servings a recipe has? I really hope that makes sense. I am planning on measuring it out with a tablespoon when I use it but really dont want to have to measure it out per tablespoon if avoidable.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Do you have a large measuring jug you can pour it into? See how many ml it is, divide by 15 to get the number of tablespoons, put that number as the number of servings and 1 serving will = 1 tablespoon.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Since you do not have a scale yet, you will have to estimate based on measured volume. Just make a guess how many Tbsp when you create the recipe. After making the recipe, use a measuring cup and record how many full measuring cups it makes, plus how many extra Tbsp beyond the full cups. There are 16 Tbsp per 1 cup. Multiply the number of full cups by 16, then add any extra Tbsp to get the total number of Tbsp. Once you have the total number of Tbsp, edit the recipe in MFP to enter the correct number of Tbsp.
  • Echo1334
    Echo1334 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yes that worked! I dont know why I wasnt even thinking of that. Great idea that worked out perfectly!