I need dating advice

Options
2»

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    People still go to restaurants on first dates?

where else would one go?

not being snarky, I just haven't dated in 100 years

Walks are the best. Cheap, refreshing, and energizing. You can see how the energy is between you two. Bars and restaurants have too many distractions. Depending on the food and how you feel after the meal (full and lethargic or light and energized) will play to your advantage or disadvantage.

My best dates have been outside just walking around a lake or through a park. Dinner dates are maybe a 3rd or 4th date thing for me, if that even happens. I'd rather cook a meal together and see how we mesh in the kitchen.

100% agree, plus sitting at a table and eating and having to make conversation...or not...can be super awkward. I feel "on the spot" and trapped at the table inside a fishbowl (the restaurant). Walking around is a much better plan, nice and casual and doing something.
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    relynne wrote: »
    I know I'm probably way overthinking this. So, I have a first date Wednesday night. He just messaged me to say that he made reservations at a fancy sushi place. I love sushi and this is one of my favorite restaurants so awesome, right? Here's the issue (and I know this sounds ridiculous)- I can't eat with chopsticks. I've tried many times, people have tried to teach me, I'm just stupid when it comes to using chopsticks. :'( It usually doesn't bother me to ask for a fork, but this is a first date and I feel weird showing up to this restaurant and eating with a fork. Should I tell him I want to eat somewhere else? Warn him about the chopstick issue (some people are weird about it and I don't want him to feel awkward at the restaurant)?

If I knew him better and this wasn't our first date, I wouldn't care. I just don't want this to be any more awkward than first dates usually are.

It isn't a big deal.
    Tell him you love sushi and it is a favorite restaurant of yours even though you are not dexterous enough to use chopsticks. Smile and don't act like it is a bad thing when you get a fork.

Say "I cant handle this chop stick but give me something bigger and im a pro! :wink:"

If he looks at his food and is quiet for the rest of the date then nothing lost..

Not only is this awesome, it's totally true. ;)
  • relynne
    Options
    Crisis averted! We started talking about other favorite restaurants and he changed plans to a tapas restaurant. No chopsticks!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

where else would one go?

Walks are the best. Cheap, refreshing, and energizing. You can see how the energy is between you two. Bars and restaurants have too many distractions. Depending on the food and how you feel after the meal (full and lethargic or light and energized) will play to your advantage or disadvantage.

My best dates have been outside just walking around a lake or through a park. Dinner dates are maybe a 3rd or 4th date thing for me, if that even happens. I'd rather cook a meal together and see how we mesh in the kitchen.

100% agree, plus sitting at a table and eating and having to make conversation...or not...can be super awkward. I feel "on the spot" and trapped at the table inside a fishbowl (the restaurant). Walking around is a much better plan, nice and casual and doing something.

my son took a girl to a park on Saturday with the intention of feeding the ducks.

the ducks attacked.

they would have been safer in a sushi bar
  • relynne
    Options

where else would one go?

my son took a girl to a park on Saturday with the intention of feeding the ducks.

the ducks attacked.

I thought it was sweet that he asked about what I liked and then made reservations based on that. That kind of thoughtfulness rarely seems to happen in the dating world or maybe I'm just dating the wrong guys.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

where else would one go?

the ducks attacked.

Oh, no...poor kid, such a sweet intention. I've never seen ducks attack but Canada Geese...look out they will charge at you, I stay back.
  • ParadigmShifter
    ParadigmShifter Posts: 289 Member
    Options

where else would one go?

the ducks attacked.

What kind of bread was it?
  • Motorsheen
    Options

where else would one go?

the ducks attacked.

Oh, no...poor kid, such a sweet intention. I've never seen ducks attack but Canada Geese...look out they will charge at you, I stay back.

Ha.

I think they were actually Canadian Geese instead of ducks.

Heck, it seems like half of Canada comes down here in the Winter, why not the geese too?

• Motorsheen
    Options

where else would one go?

the ducks attacked.

What kind of bread was it?

I just asked him; he replied: Whole Wheat

... I don't blame the geese for attacking.
  • jayneveronica
    jayneveronica Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think your question has been answered but, I'll say what I think too. Make it a conversation piece, he'll try to teach you, if you still don't get the hang of it say, We'll judt have to come sgain until I get the hang of it (if you like each other enough). Have fun.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

where else would one go?

the ducks attacked.

Ha.

Heck, it seems like half of Canada comes down here in the Winter, why not the geese too?

In Canada, we just call them geese. True story.
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    After reading this, I am so glad I am no longer in the dating game.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

where else would one go?

the ducks attacked.

I could have warned him. I'm terrified of ducks. Those guys are total *kitten*.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    You can always use your fingers.

This was gin for to be my advice too
  • Motorsheen
    Options

where else would one go?

the ducks attacked.

Ha.

What do the French call French Toast?
  • ChrisNels1
    ChrisNels1 Posts: 16,638 Member
    Options
    And, you are assuming he knows how to use chopsticks and wouldn't just ask for a fork too. ;)
  • Motorsheen
    Options

where else would one go?

the ducks attacked.

Ha.

What do the French call French Toast?

une tranche de pain grillé

too many syllables

I'll just order: eggs

.... or do they have some fancy, high falutin' name for eggs too?