Any medical students or professionals out there?

Options
xhenitumba91
xhenitumba91 Posts: 4 Member
edited June 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Since I've been in medical student, my schedule has been hectic the past 2 years and I've been under a lot of stress. Because of this I've gained over 20 pounds. I feel horrible about my body. I'm not looking for a particular number on the scale, but I'm looking to regain confidence in my body. Im hoping to be smart about my eating habits and start moving more. Join me :)

Replies

• HarrisHawke8
    HarrisHawke8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi there, i am no medical student, but i am good for support, humour and motivation on your journey.
  • Chloe0493
    Chloe0493 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a vet student and gained about 10 lbs during my finals. Now on plan to lose that again so happy to join you
  • 1982Josie
    1982Josie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello :)
    I'm a mental health nurse so can understand the busy schedule!
    I will send you a friend request :)
  • xhenitumba91
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hello :)
    I'm a mental health nurse so can understand the busy schedule!
    I will send you a friend request :)

Josieliverpool, nice to meet you! That is great. I'm actually going into psychiatry, I love all topics about mental health.
  • xhenitumba91
    Options

Chloe0493 wrote: »
    Hey I'm a vet student and gained about 10 lbs during my finals. Now on plan to lose that again so happy to join you

You can do it! Finals are the worst. I'm always a stress eater.
  • xhenitumba91
    Options
    Hi there, i am no medical student, but i am good for support, humour and motivation on your journey.

Nice to meet you! Thank you.
  • nourhanehab7
    nourhanehab7 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm a medical student . Definitly understand your problem .I began Zumba to reduce stress , have fun & lose weight . It really works . Feel free to add me
  • Missycvt
    Missycvt Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Used to be in the medical field as a Medical Assistant/X-Ray Tech. In the clinic I worked for, I was on my feet all day running through patients hauling/kicking *kitten* at my job! I was thin! Now 4 years later, I'm a housewife taking classes online...gained 40 pounds. I started eating clean today and I'm still trying to push myself to get on the treadmill! Add me as a friend! We can motivate each other!
  • becky19_80
    becky19_80 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mental health nurse here in emergency studied for 7 years gained 30kg. Now trying to lose all!
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I start my third year in September, after taking a year out due to poor mental health. I usually have trouble eating when I'm really stressed.
  • LuvtoBeme1
    LuvtoBeme1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bella I am a multi-specialized MD.I am a surgeon, a pathologist that specializes in environmental and occupational disasters. I was responsible for the safety and well being of the whole world for almost twenty years. So not only do I understand the STRESS for I have been there in folds but I also understand the dilemma of trying to get balanced.This past year I switched modalities to sports medicine...The switch was because I was severely wounded ending one career.I was a quad love. I managed with hard work and many many surgeries(being a guinea pig mind you) to be where I am today I am walking and moving.I lost 45 lbs in a year gained over 110% in muscle mass. Defeated all odds and I love to help others do the same.As I have been on both sides of the fence.If you want a cheerleader on your side hun. I am right here.Doc:) BTW whatever you are going for love remember the goal of all programs are to see who has it and who doesn't. So they will try to get under your skin. I am originally from Brasil. There you are thrown into the field!You are also expected to keep no less that a 3.8.I had a 4.0 all through. The key is to keep very precise notes. Study at least three hours per class. Yea that is a lot but you are going to have lives in your hands.Use Kinetic learning which engages every possible sense.If you need help here as well I got your back.You got this in spades love! o:)
  • clcrawford1
    clcrawford1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm a physical therapist, I used to keep my weight under control working in acute care running around the hospital and taking the stairs everywhere. Then I changed jobs to home health and gained 20 lbs from sitting in my car all day. I've managed to reverse the trend and drop that 20 but still have more to go
  • wimberly_dick
    wimberly_dick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Engineering student! I also know the struggle. Always pushing off working out and clean eating because "I literally just dont have time"
  • ElectrifyingGravity
    ElectrifyingGravity Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just graduated from engineering school! Put on ~25 lbs during my years there and still having trouble finding time to workout/eat well with my new job. Good luck, everyone!
  • ElizaEm35
    ElizaEm35 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm not a med student now but thinking of going back to school to either add to my current career (x-ray tech) or completely change paths. Between being stuck in hostile working environment, looking for a new job, and trying to keep up with two little kiddos, my stress is through the roof and I'm having a hard time trying to stay on track and take care of ME. I'm not perfect but I'll gladly take more supportive friends ✌
  • benstronger
    benstronger Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm a medical student across the pond! I understand your stress, it can be difficult to juggle fitness with the million things you have to do. It always helps to be more organised and having your meals pre-planned and prepared for the day, hope you gain back that body confidence!
  • sirricelik
    sirricelik Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Med student here, with the same exact problems and goals! Feel free to contact me, we can motivate each other :)
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, im no medical student, but im working towards getting my CPA and my husband will be applying to medical school this year!