Trying not to get discouraged

Options
Hello! I'm 40 days in to logging and now exercising. 4 lbs seemed to come off quickly. Now I seem stuck. Not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point. Any pointers?

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    How long have you been "stuck" at this weight? 4lbs in 40 days is patient, slow and steady weight loss and that is a good thing in most cases. I am just wondering if this is a short time like 1-7 days of no weight change or 2-4 weeks?
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. Make sure you are logging properly.
  • SciWhiz
    SciWhiz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! There are times when the scale won't move then one day I'll lose like 2 lbs. Make sure you're logging everything accurately and you're not overestimating your exercise calories causing you to eat too much. Days like this I try to focus on how my clothes fit and how I feel overall. You can do this!!
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Can we get more stats?

Beginning weight? Goal weight? Height? Calorie goal? Etc.

Usually when you first start off the weight falls off quickly. So if you've only lost 4 pounds total in the first 40 days, then I'm guessing you may be eating more than you think you are.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    4 lbs in 40 days is about a little over a pound a week...sounds like a very reasonable rate of loss, depending on how much you have to lose. If you are close to a healthy BMI or have about 20 lbs or less to lose, weight loss will be very slow.
    Also, weight loss is not linear. If you've been 'stuck' for a couple of weeks or less, it's likely nothing to be concerned about. Some weeks you may show a bigger loss, some weeks you mat not show a loss at all. That's just how it goes with weight loss.