Bye-Bye Baby Weight

Options

Replies

• Cas_Wells
    Cas_Wells Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @sabinaholtby plateaus are the worst am I right!!! Glad you've got something here that is helping you.

And so much more important than just the calories we consume is what it's made of. The "macros".

I exclusively breastfeed as well so I try my best to stay on top of the nutrition I offer my little dude. Save last night where my dinner didn't turn out as planned so my husband and I ate nachos :s
  • Cas_Wells
    Options
    @rohksie I love that all my boys are close together (all 4 within 4 years, no twins) but I TOTALLY hear you - my body never had a chance to recover.

Breastfeeding certainly helps to lose weight but so does finding the nutrition plan that works best with your body.

Ps - yay for not being a unicorn lol I'm not one either. It takes a while to stop looking pregnant let alone lose all the baby weight
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Cas_Wells wrote: »
    ashadams12 wrote: »
    Ok for some reason the end of my messages keep getting cut off, do you have that problem? I weighed in at 242 today, gained 4 from last week

Mine do that too - at least on mobile. Weird

If you use emojis, the message gets cut off after the emoji.
  • ashadams12
    ashadams12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok for some reason the end of my messages keep getting cut off, do you have that problem? I weighed in at 242 today, gained 4 from last week

Mine do that too - at least on mobile. Weird

If you use emojis, the message gets cut off after the emoji.

Thanks! I didn't know this and it was driving me crazy lol

With my one year old I exclusively breastfed and haven't dropped more than 10 lbs! It's been very frustrating, I've been eating healthier and working out more than I ever have in my life and the weight doesn't want to go anywhere! With my oldest I didn't breastfeed at all because he wouldn't latch on and I lost 40 lbs in less than a week and was lower than my pre-baby weight and kept it off. So weird.
  • rohksie
    rohksie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @ashadams12 wow 40 lbs! My weight just does not budge, with my first I managed to drop down to 145 but I was seriously eating like a rabbit, it was horrible lol.

I have a horrible sweet tooth, it's so bad. I have been fighting it and doing well but I caved last night when I found a mini milky way in an easter egg while I was cleaning. Lol
  • timeforachange2000
    timeforachange2000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I have baby weight and then some to lose. Please feel free to add me!! Or message me!
  • meldjk44
    meldjk44 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @meldjk44 I hear ya.

You don't have to be done, just fine with carrying the baby weight (for now).

I used to love kickboxing!!!! What an excellent total body workout!! <3 Do you go with a friend?

I actually go alone, My hubby claims he wants to go but never does. but I'm ok with going alone ,I motivate myself better if I'm alone. I exclusively breastfed my little man too! I was able to drop about 40 lbs doing that, but I gained 10 pounds once I stopped. so now im stuck in the 160's
  • sabinaholtby
    sabinaholtby Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sugar really gets me. I'm starting to experiment with stevia and xytherol. Interesting, regular artificial sweeteners made me have gallbladder attacks! Was awful.

So what plan are you ladies using? Logging, intermittent fasting, low carb? Anyone home all day with the kids? All I do is snack!
  • atroxnixfemina
    atroxnixfemina Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    With my other two, I always held onto weight while breastfeeding. I'd love to say that it dropped off after weaning, but that's not true either! Some of it would (I'd go about 5-10 lbs lower) but I have never been at a pre-baby weight!

In my situation, I am working full time at an office that is 45 minutes from home, sometimes an hour or more. I wake at 4:50 am and I'm running until he goes to bed, sometimes for the second, third, and fourth time. Then I pump one more time before I go to bed finally, around 9 or 9:30.

I'm not 'there' yet, as I'm primarily focusing on counting calories and increasing my nutrition (well, along with increasing activity in general), but when I am ready...how the heck do the working mamas here work in a work out? I was SUCH a workout fanatic prior to baby #1, and I long to get back to that as I lighten my load:)
  • Ragdoll_7
    Ragdoll_7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My baby boy is 8 months old. I have recovered from the emergency C-section and I am ready to get back in shape! I've lost the bulk of the weight (just 6 pounds to go), but I am not as lean and my weight is distributed differently, so I have a tummy now. I really need to do strength training to reach my goal size and get the results I want (be firm and toned). I joined a gym on Monday and did my first workout there this morning. I am also jogging, doing HIIT running workouts, and I am looking forward to trying out the spinning classes at my gym. I am looking forward to connecting with and motivating each other through this challenge!

wedding weight: 148
    weight @ 40 weeks pregnant: 216
    current weight (8 months PP): 154
  • aisylu2
    aisylu2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My second child(boy) just turned 20 months and I'm ready to get my body back.
    Pre pregnant weight - 140
    Weight at birth -190 :/
    Weight now - 163
    Goal weight 130ish

I was able to get back down to 130 after my daughter was born but it didn't happen until she was 2 1/2.

I just started Piyo on Monday and I'm counting calories. So far I'm enjoying piyo.

Good luck to all of us!
  • aisylu2
    aisylu2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sugar really gets me. I'm starting to experiment with stevia and xytherol. Interesting, regular artificial sweeteners made me have gallbladder attacks! Was awful.

So what plan are you ladies using? Logging, intermittent fasting, low carb? Anyone home all day with the kids? All I do is snack!

I'm home with kids all day. I always ended up snacking all day also and not eating an actual meal.
    I just started logging calories on Monday. I'm trying to follow the piyo eating guide as best I can. It's a lot of veggies and protein.
  • meesh88
    meesh88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
    My first daughter is just over 9 months now and I still have a long way to go to be at my pre-pregnancy weight! I've been breastfeeding, and only now (with calorie counting and working out consistently) my weight is finally starting to budge. Would love some accountability partners throughout this journey!! Please add me!!

Pre-pregnancy weight: 155 lbs
    39 weeks pregnant: 215+ lbs (I stopped looking)
    1 day post partum: 195 lbs
    Current weight (9 months pp): 183 lbs

My first goal is to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight (155 lbs)... And then get to 125 lbs eventually!
  • ashadams12
    Options
    I spend all day with my kiddos! I take them to work with me 3 days a week and the other days we just play at home. I'm definitely an all day snacker, stress eater, and I've always enjoyed sweets way too much!! I'm thinking about cutting out sugar for awhile to get cravings under control.. but I've found my will power isn't as great as it used to be. I'm starting potty training again with my toddler tomorrow... so really hoping I can avoid stress eating lol he's very stubborn!
  • daniyelacordos
    daniyelacordos Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in.. I had gained weight after getting married and after 3.5 years of marriage, had my now 8-month-old son, who was born 11.02 pounds. After a complicated emergency c-section I'm now finally able to be more active and have time to focus on trying to watch what I eat. I'm hoping to get closer to my weight when I had just gotten married because that's when I had the most energy and I want to be more active and fit again for my son. More kids are definitely a plan for the future.

Weight when I got married: 140
    Pre-pregnancy weight: 180
    Weight just before I delivered my 11lb baby: 225
    Current weight: 178
    Goal weight: 140
  • ashadams12
    Options
    I'm in.. I had gained weight after getting married and after 3.5 years of marriage, had my now 8-month-old son, who was born 11.02 pounds. After a complicated emergency c-section I'm now finally able to be more active and have time to focus on trying to watch what I eat. I'm hoping to get closer to my weight when I had just gotten married because that's when I had the most energy and I want to be more active and fit again for my son. More kids are definitely a plan for the future.

Wow! 11 lbs!! My first was 10 lbs 9 ounces and youngest was 10 lbs even and the hospital said they were the biggest babies they ever delivered. Lol Did you have diabetes? Just curious because everyone always assumes I did with having big boys, but I never did.
    That's my goal too, be healthy and active for my boys and hopefully more babies in the future!
  • Cas_Wells
    Options
    wugsprott wrote: »
    I'm in! My second child(boy) just turned 20 months and I'm ready to get my body back.
    Pre pregnant weight - 140
    Weight at birth -190 :/
    Weight now - 163
    Goal weight 130ish

I was able to get back down to 130 after my daughter was born but it didn't happen until she was 2 1/2.

I just started Piyo on Monday and I'm counting calories. So far I'm enjoying piyo.

Good luck to all of us!

PiYo is a great program!!!! I'm hoping to correct my diastasis recti and then might give it a go as wel.
  • Cas_Wells
    Options

11 pounds is awesome!! Wow!!

My boys were all around 8 plus and that was a challenge! My first was an emergency c after 36 hours of labour so I hear ya on it taking time t be ready for activity. Listen to your body as you recover it's a big surgery.

I LOVE all your ladies responses about healthy living for a healthy family. It's so true that as mothers, we set the tone in what we prepare and the example we set.

This is an amazing and inspiring group of ladies!!
  • Cas_Wells
    Options
    I spend all day with my kiddos! I take them to work with me 3 days a week and the other days we just play at home. I'm definitely an all day snacker, stress eater, and I've always enjoyed sweets way too much!! I'm thinking about cutting out sugar for awhile to get cravings under control.. but I've found my will power isn't as great as it used to be. I'm starting potty training again with my toddler tomorrow... so really hoping I can avoid stress eating lol he's very stubborn!

When we pottyvtrained my first we did it the old fashioned way - he would be naked all day and I asked him constantly if he needed to pee lol

It worked alright but he regressed when staying overnight at my parents for a weekend. Then he decided two months later on his own accord to be done with diapers and hasn't had an accident since 1.5 years later.

Same with my second. He decided at just over 2.5 years old that he was done with diapers and was a big boy like his brother. So much easier ....
  • Cas_Wells
    Options
    i9aaijof6pfh.jpg

For moms who want to get out more but are struggling with what to do for lunched for the kids etc.

This is our go to. Lunches and dinners if we want to be out at the park or the beach all day. It's super quick (especially because I prep my veggies when we bring them home from the grocery store) AND the kids love it!!