Fitbit installed but steps not showing in food log as extra calories

Options
My Fitbit is showing as installed and the Fitbit website shows MFP as being an active app however calories aren't being added to the food log like they used to. There were days where I had over 14000 steps and no additional calories were added to total. What can I do to make this work again? TIA.

Replies

• julie20170512
    julie20170512 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Go to "steps" and change Fitbit as your tracker
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What is your activity goal set to? You'll only get extra calories when you have moved more than your activity level would have estimated.
  • FitKat123
    FitKat123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm set as sedentary. It used to work, it has now stopped.
  • FitKat123
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Go to "steps" and change Fitbit as your tracker

It is selected.
  • mudonthetires856
    mudonthetires856 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've never had that problem, but I read somewhere that removing the Fitbit from MFP and then adding it again has corrected issues. Maybe try that?
  • FitKat123
    Options
    I've never had that problem, but I read somewhere that removing the Fitbit from MFP and then adding it again has corrected issues. Maybe try that?

I wonder if that will erase previous other data.
  • mudonthetires856
    mudonthetires856 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It won't erase the data on your Fitbit but it might remove your previous steps from showing in MFP. I'm not really sure about that.
  • ldoughty65
    ldoughty65 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Had the same problem. Deleting from mfp and adding again fixed it.
  • FitKat123
    Options
    I have deleted from MFP and Fitbit and added it back. I can't sync until tonight when I'm at home but I don't see any steps from prior days, which will be fine if it is fixed going forwards. Glad someone had the same issue and was able to fix it, it gives me hope:) Thanks.
  • FitKat123
    Options
    FitKat123 wrote: »
    I have deleted from MFP and Fitbit and added it back. I can't sync until tonight when I'm at home but I don't see any steps from prior days, which will be fine if it is fixed going forwards. Glad someone had the same issue and was able to fix it, it gives me hope:) Thanks.

It worked. Thanks for the help.