Hey all.

Options
LowKee84
LowKee84 Posts: 21 Member
So I downloaded this app today on reconmendation from the manager of my local gym.

I've been weight training for 4 months now and have made gains that I'm happy with, but I was trying to lose weight at the same time so was gradually eating less and less.

Today I was talking to the gym manager and told him what I eat and he was shocked, we got on Google and worked out I'm probably eating about 800 calories a day with my base BMI calories being about 1800, 2300 with exercise.

It was quite an eye opener for me and probably explains why I've been sleeping so much during the day and getting quite irritable and unable to focus on things.

I've always struggled knowing what and what not to eat so I'm pretty excited about this app and getting to speak to new people about eating habits, recipes and such.

Thanks all.

Replies

• LowKee84
    Options
    I go to the gym most days so I'm definitely interested in friends who are motivational, inspiring and informed in regards to training and eating right.

• paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP! I had the same problem you did! When I first joined I thought that I was eating enough calories, but I was way wayyyy under!!! I workout (weight lift) 4-5 days a week. And burn a lot of calories throughout the day. Feel free to add me :) Best of luck!
  • LowKee84
    Options
    I kinda knew I was eating less calories than required, that was intended for weight loss... I just had no idea how little I really was getting.

I do wonder though, as I've been eating so little and weight training, how comes I've not lost any weight?
  • paulawriteslove
    Options
    LowKee84 wrote: »
    I kinda knew I was eating less calories than required, that was intended for weight loss... I just had no idea how little I really was getting.

I do wonder though, as I've been eating so little and weight training, how comes I've not lost any weight?

You're body is either probably gaining muscle and/or holding on to the fat since you're not eating enough. Once you start properly feeding your body it will melt the fat away.

When I first started calculating I didn't realize how little protein I was eating! I was mind blown!
  • LowKee84
    Options
    Ah, that sounds spot on. I've been training consistently for about 4months now, I dropped 6kgs very quickly but I've just hit a wall now. My weight fluctuates between 80.5 and 81.5kgs now but I'm still making gains in reps per set and weight increase.
  • paulawriteslove
    Options
    LowKee84 wrote: »
    Ah, that sounds spot on. I've been training consistently for about 4months now, I dropped 6kgs very quickly but I've just hit a wall now. My weight fluctuates between 80.5 and 81.5kgs now but I'm still making gains in reps per set and weight increase.

You will definitely start to see a difference. Just don't get frustrated and keep going :) My weight has been staying around the same area but it's slowly starting to have some progress (hopefully this doesn't jinx it!)