Do any of you know any reliable bmr calculator ?

Options
I'vebeen all around the internet and they give me very different values , please help me

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Why not just plug your information into MFP and let it do the math for you?

There are several formulas for BMR estimates. Different calculators will use different formulas. Some calculators say they are BMR, but are in fact giving you neat (SparkPeople's for example) or TDEE.

A calculator I like for TDEE is iifym.com (they have a bit calculator as well.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    They are all estimates. Pick one and be done with it.
  • jludwick78
    jludwick78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a Jawbone Up Move that I wear as a pedometer and I have MFP synced with the UP app and it gives me my estimated BMR. The more I move around and exercise the more my BMR goes up. It's totally changed my dieting and activity. I never took into account how inactive I would be some days and eat too much. My BMR is quite low on inactive days. I hadn't lost any weight in 4 weeks and now I'm seeing loss again.

I got the UP Move online for $10. Not a bad deal!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    jludwick78 wrote: »
    I have a Jawbone Up Move that I wear as a pedometer and I have MFP synced with the UP app and it gives me my estimated BMR. The more I move around and exercise the more my BMR goes up. It's totally changed my dieting and activity. I never took into account how inactive I would be some days and eat too much. My BMR is quite low on inactive days. I hadn't lost any weight in 4 weeks and now I'm seeing loss again.

I got the UP Move online for $10. Not a bad deal!

BMR is a static number, it's what your body would burn laying in bed all day or in a coma, it does not include exercise/daily living. I think you may be confusing BMR with TDEE?
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    As others have said above, there are a lot of different calculations methods out there. I like Scooby's Workshop for the explanations they have added to their calculator and the options available.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    On Sailrabbit, you can compare the results of 6 different algorithims for calculating BMR andTDEE by just entering the data once.

You can also easily adjust the results by changing thecimolied activity level and the sit will also average the results for you.

See: http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/