Breakfast on the go

Options
Hi I'm trying to loose weight but get extremely hungry in the morning. I leave home really around 7am to get to work so i need something I can eat on the train or quickly at me desk. It needs to be filling as I don't usually have an opportunity to eat again till around 10:30am (i am lactose intolerant)

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    I like a couple hard boiled eggs. protein. add a protein shake also. should easily get you to 10:30.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I do not eat them often but I find the Bel Vita breakfast cookies to be sustaining. Maybe a couple of those with the boiled egg.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    You could always try making some type of breakfast sandwich or biscuit with egg, meat, cheese, and some type of bread
  • HockeyGoalie35
    HockeyGoalie35 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have been going with a smoothie

(1) Banana
    (1) Orange
    (1) Cup frozen berries
    Fist full if kale
    Fist full of baby spinach
    (1) cup Unsweetened Almond milk

It's in my diary, think it's 350cal but loads you up with vitamins to start the day

Keeps me full till about 11am
  • dashagrr
    dashagrr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Egg muffins! You can make them as healthy (or greasy and delicious) as you like. Sausage, bacon, ham, onion, pepper, spinach, kale, mushrooms, potatoes, various cheeses... whatever you like, have in the fridge and fits your goals. I bake 2 dozen at a time and keep in a freezer. Move one or two to fridge the night before, wrap in paper, pop in the microwave for less then a minute and eat in the car on my way to work. Quick and easy.
  • broseidonkingofbrocean
    broseidonkingofbrocean Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Could go for a non dairy protein powder and blend some oats into oat flour. Dump it in a shaker cup and mix it up when you want to consume. Thought I posted this already so I might have a double post.
  • iheartmakeup01
    iheartmakeup01 Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I keep recommending this but protein Kodak pancakes are so good and I leave work about the same time you do and eat it around 10am.
  • campdawson
    campdawson Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been making oatmeal (Old Fashioned Quaker Oats) to go, serving it in a mug for many years now. That will definitely hold you until early afternoon.
  • broseidonkingofbrocean
    broseidonkingofbrocean Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I keep recommending this but protein Kodak pancakes are so good and I leave work about the same time you do and eat it around 10am.

I will second Kodiak protein pancakes, they are amazing. Peanut butter crunch, double chocolate, and buttermilk. They waffle up really nice too.
  • stv1520
    stv1520 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    If you're in a hurry and haven't meal prepped for your morning commute, a McDonald's egg mcmuffin meal is decent. I get it with a large unsweetened iced tea. But you'll get a good amount of filling protein and all of it's around 350 calories.
  • pandorakane133
    pandorakane133 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm super into breakfast burritos. Premake and freeze, grab and go. You can load it up with veggies and proteins, and you can make all different kinds flavors. I have a microwave at work so I can heat up when I get it, and I always bring a fruit it I need a snack. Another thing I've been enjoying doing its kinda like a protein type bowl I guess. I take some peanut butter, granola, fruit, cinnamon, you can add other nuts and/or a drizzle of honey.