I need Keto friends!!!

Options
I'm very new to Keto. Today will be my official first day. I have been slowly drcreassing my carb intake to make the transition easier. Some motivation and support would be awesome! I'm trying to reset my daily goals and I'm not sure how much protien and fat I should have. Not worrying abouty calorie intake is VERY nee to me as I've always paid attention to calories. I'm very excited about this transition and have read great things about the keto lifestyle.

Replies

• Corella2017
    Corella2017 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi New at ketos n here too. I gave up carbs 4 Mths ago n love it! I feel so much better. Type 2 D got reversed. I'm still hit n miss n want to be under 20g carb daily. It's a work in process! Am just taking everyday n learning more being patient knowing my health comes first. Healthy choices everyday. I'll be yr friend. Where do you live? I'm from Australia. I've got really good groups onmfacebook that would be helpful for you.
  • kabbalahredstring1029
    kabbalahredstring1029 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello! What groups on Facebook? I'll add you as a friend. That's really awesome that you are seeing health benefits from this lifestyle. It is definitely a learning process but like you said, it's all about patience and healthy choices.
  • bkrontz
    bkrontz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting too and I'm using this for a blueprint... pretty amazing resource so far... really spells EVERYTHING out for you and gives you options on how to move forward. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1628600160
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You have to request to be a member but if it shouldn't take long to get approved.
  • kabbalahredstring1029
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Awesome! Thanl you!!
  • farmkidsmom
    farmkidsmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just starting today myself. I have meal prepped for this week for both my husband and I. I have left a menu on the side of fridge for him and brought mine to work! Need encouragement and information!
  • kabbalahredstring1029
    Options
    I'm using a menu from diet doctor to get the hang of it. How do you like it do far?
  • strawmitch
    strawmitch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I'm just starting my keto journey too. Today is day 7 for me. I'm combining it with intermittent fasting on a 16/8 schedule. Those first few days were really rough but it is getting better now. I working on it alone right now but I'm hoping my husband will join me soon.
  • ZoryaMia
    ZoryaMia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I started Keto 4 days ago. I'm not missing carbs too much thankfully but my body is like "where's my damn bread?!" Lol Have a little keto flu but coping well. I wish everyone luck on their journey. :)
  • kabbalahredstring1029
    Options
    It gets easier. I don't even miss bread anymore. I do want to make some Keto deserts. The keto fudge looked delicious
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    ZoryaMia wrote: »
    Hi all, I started Keto 4 days ago. I'm not missing carbs too much thankfully but my body is like "where's my damn bread?!" Lol Have a little keto flu but coping well. I wish everyone luck on their journey. :)

@ZoraMia...Keto Flu is due to electrolyte imbalance. Up your sale intake immediately. When you follow this way of eating, your body REQUIRES a MINIMUM of 3000-5000mg sodium EVERY DAY!! Eat pickles and/or olives. Drink pickle juice. Dissolve a bouillon cube in the appropriate amount of water and drink 2 cubes per day. I also strongly recommend you check out the group linked to above!