If every day were like today....

Options
2»

Replies

• TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    I've only been on here for about 5 weeks now, but it's been true so far for me.
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    aww... I'm apparently the outcast.... I like it!!! To me it says "Work hard and you could see this number!" I never really kept track enough to notice whether I was reaching that number... the scale just keeps going in the right direction so I'm happy :-)
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I disregard that completely. But in my case, it's because I'm gaining muscle, thus not losing anything (or I'm gaining instead).

I say: Measurements, measurements, measurements! :flowerforyou:
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't lose as fast as it says I will, but I'm still making progress. It's fine by me.
  • tootsieanne
    tootsieanne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to disagree and say I think its true and if it isn't I like to hope so. I love entering the end of the day just to get that number. Even if I mess up badly one or two days and I enter in my TOO large calorie count it makes me feel like 'ok I will not blimp out because of today's entire tub of vanilla frosting and half container of ice cream (true story from yesterday) if I did this everyday for 5 weeks I'd gain eleven pounds and I would totally deserve it for being gross.' That little line at the end of the day makes me feel like its okay to f-up once in while or it makes me proud and excited on how good I did and puts a happy goal in my future outlook. I hope myfitnesspal never gets rid of that little line... I would be heartbroken.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    bahaha i was JUST posting on someone's status about this! i WISH those predictions were more on target, unfortunately they're disappointing, though sometimes motivational when i see it say a lower number when i submit my food diary ♥
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I also hate that stupid line.. it told me a few weeks ago that if every day were like today, I'd weigh 143 pounds or something like that in 5 weeks.. right, I'm going to drop 14 pounds in 5 weeks, when I'm at 7 till goal.. silly MFP.
  • Campnhike
    Campnhike Posts: 42
    Options
    That's because every day isn't like today.... every day changes. Our food changes, exercise changes....heck we could lose more than they say!
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I save what it tells me in food notes. And I look back every so often usually its right, only off a few pounds.

lmfao onlly off by a few lbs!! okay yes i can say that it is only off by a few pounds too but it says ill lose 5lbs in 5weeks and i might lose 1-2 lol so yes only off by a few lbs hahahahahahhaha
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

When you enter yours at the end of today it should say if everyday were like today you would be A BAD *kitten*!

YES!!!!!! I would love that.

Ooo! Yes, that would be awesome! Maybe it'll switch it up, depending on how hard you worked your *kitten* off at the gym.

"You SEXY mofo!"

"Your health-shake brings all the boys to the yarddd"
  • FattyWantADoughnut
    Options
    I love it, haha! It keeps on me on track and gives me hope. haven't stuck with it for five weeks yet so I don't know if it is accurate or not, but so far it keeps me motivated. :)
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I love it, haha! It keeps on me on track and gives me hope. haven't stuck with it for five weeks yet so I don't know if it is accurate or not, but so far it keeps me motivated. :)

I love it as well...it is part of my insane motivation. When I hit 5 weeks and I'm not down nearly as much as it says I should be then maybe I'll be mad...but as long as I'm losing I think I will be ok...Guess it's time to go walk...I want to be down to that number...now where's my water?
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    aww... I'm apparently the outcast.... I like it!!! To me it says "Work hard and you could see this number!" I never really kept track enough to notice whether I was reaching that number... the scale just keeps going in the right direction so I'm happy :-)

Same here, and mathematically, if you kept the exact same deficit everyday, then what MFP calculates as the 5 week loss would be true. But as we ALL know, we're human and find it hard to be consistent down to the calorie. Keep up the deficit, you'll get there :flowerforyou:
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it would be true for me if everyday were like today, however it's not. Also, it could have a lot to do with (not just your body, but) calorie and exercise miscalculations.
  • PenTool
    PenTool Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It seems to be working for me so far. I've been losing faster than MFP predicts.

I do enter every crumb that enters my mouth, every single day, erring on the side of more, not less. And I do eat my workout calories, which vary from about 350 - 500 cals. Also, I don't work out on the weekends, so I only eat 1200 cals a day on Sat/Sun.

Is everyone else doing the same?
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I swear I want to throw my computer every time MFP says that to me. It's lies! All lies!!! Bwahahahaha!! Every day IS like today, gosh darnit, and I am NOT 143 pounds! :devil:

GRRRRRRRRR! I hate seeing that everyday and still being stuck on a plateau.
    It should let us hide that part on here!
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Since I'm not going for weight loss as much as for fat loss, I don't pay it much attention.
  • ksmccoy
    ksmccoy Posts: 12
    Options
    Awe I thought it was true and I was actually looking forward to it.. lame

I know right..now I'm discouraged. Maybe it says that so we unconsiously reach for that goal?
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I swear I want to throw my computer every time MFP says that to me. It's lies! All lies!!! Bwahahahaha!! Every day IS like today, gosh darnit, and I am NOT 143 pounds! :devil:
    I feel your pain.....I should have been 141 like 6 months ago already!!!