Insanity - real results

Options
Hey guys,

I want to hear from people that have really completed insanity and really what did you think of it? Did you see decent results? Does the hard work pay off?
I've tried to complete insanity probably about 4 times at least and I can never make it through the first month. I'm thinking of trying again as I hope this will kinda push me over into a lower weight bracket but I'm skeptical.
Anyone just starting this program??

Replies

• mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I tried it when my cousin left her disc set here. I'm a p90x fan so figured see what insanity is like. , Damn it kicked my butt lol.

If you give it your all and eat right there is no way you wont lose weight on that program.

After doing more research the lack of weights turned me off it and I didn't buy it. Might grab it now and do a p90x/insanity hybrid though.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I loved insanity! I gained 2lbs but looked a lot leaner. If you struggle with it maybe try T25 first?
  • 08JKgirl
    08JKgirl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Well I have completed hip hop abs and cize and I thought those were both too easy near the end. And insanity is just sitting there staring at me lol so maybe I'll pop that in and try it
  • SABoj
    SABoj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a cardio-intensive workout & if you finish the program, you will most likely lose weight and tone your muscle... but be careful and modify if you have any knee or back issues. The constant and intense jumping can be rough on the joints. I prefer to mix cardio with weights to lean out all over. Good luck!
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I completed both T 25 and Insanity Max 30, I lost 13 lbs in 5 months and lots of inches. I have another 20 lbs to lose , so I'm taking one week recovery week and starting another round of Insanity Max 30! Loved the program, had to modify especially with push ups but it's getting easier and I feel I get stronger .
    To see really good results you have to eat in deficit.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    SABoj wrote: »
    Insanity is a cardio-intensive workout & if you finish the program, you will most likely lose weight and tone your muscle... but be careful and modify if you have any knee or back issues. The constant and intense jumping can be rough on the joints. I prefer to mix cardio with weights to lean out all over. Good luck!

I have knee issues, but I don't have any back issues. This program caused pain and soreness in both. I've made a couple attempts at all of Shaun T's videos, but they're all repetitive to the point of being boring. Insanity may have multiple DVD workouts with different names, but they're all pretty much the same.....I guess you need at least 5 or 6 DVD's to justify charging over $100 for the set. It was the same thing with T25 and Insanity MAX, different named workouts, but pretty much each one was a carbon copy of the other.
  • 08JKgirl
    Options
    I think that might be why I have a hard time finishing it. It gets boring and then that paired with it being hard I just have a hard time getting through it!
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Give 90x a try. 2 cardio days , a yoga day and the rest weights. Works great
  • 08JKgirl
    Options
    Yeah I looked into that it might be a bit better for me... I was just trying to avoid dropping the money on it when I had insanity. Thanks for the advice guys :)
  • knempress
    knempress Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just finished today! It's not for everyone, but I loved it. I saw good results, too - lost about 9 pounds and some inches. I look and feel much more lean.