8stone anyone or there about?

Options
I'm currently 9stone trying to get to 8 stone 5ft2. What is your average calories including exercising. I'm trying to reduce my calories but I'm still currently eating around 1900. I'm aiming for 3x body pump classes, 2x body attack classes, 2 metafit classes and a gym session per week. Is my calories too high? Thanks

Replies

• clairbrown6
    clairbrown6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey there I'm also 5'2
    And currently 8 stone and I've been eating 1400 a day too lose weight. I don't do any exercise though and not mega active
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height and a little under 8 stone. If eating 1900 causes you to lose weight over time (i.e 1-2 months, NOT a week), it is not too high for weight loss purposes. Otherwise, reduce your calories accordingly.
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 6 have a overweight BMI and my BMR is 1850 ie those calories will maintain my weight.

At your height and size, to achieve the weight loss you need, you will absolutely need to use MFP to set up your profile. 1900 is a figure even I would gain on and I'm active!

If the only exercise you do as at the gym and you don't walk over 7k steps a day, then start by setting your activity status to sedentary & eat back your exercise calories
  • postchi1
    postchi1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would recommend HR tracker (Fitbit) as a means of monitoring activity this would give better idea on cals in Vs cals out and even allow leeway for a treat now and again given daily intake is being monitored.

From the stats given run with is for 2 weeks if you are seeing progress maintain if not drop cals by 200.

Cutting isnt all doom and gloom if done right it wont even feel like you are on a diet
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    mandy2469 wrote: »
    I'm currently 9stone trying to get to 8 stone 5ft2. What is your average calories including exercising. I'm trying to reduce my calories but I'm still currently eating around 1900. I'm aiming for 3x body pump classes, 2x body attack classes, 2 metafit classes and a gym session per week. Is my calories too high? Thanks

If you're not losing weight then you're eating at maintenance.

Try 100 less
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I can't eat much more than 1500 + exercise calories to maintain at 9 stone (I'm 5'3) so you may need to cut a bit more. To shed the last few lb from 9st7 to 9st - my goal weight - I had to drop to 1230 + exercise calories, which sucked!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Depends. How long have you been averaging 1900 calorie intake?

Also, what's your daily life like. For example, I'm 5'4.5" and 9 stone 6 lbs. I have been eating an average of 1950 a day for the past month. During that time my average loss has been 0.65 lbs per week.
    I'm a server though and typically get in 8,000-10,000 steps while at work 5 days a week. On top of that I either go to the gym (2 x 30 min cardio, 4 x 60 min lifting) or do bodyweight workouts at home (6 x 45 mins).
  • Carolyn1965032017
    Carolyn1965032017 Posts: 13 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi I'm 5ft 2 and I want to loose a around 5lbs. So I've set my calories at 1200 a day. I won't go any lower than this and some times go over by a few calories some days.
    My maintenance calories were 1465.
    When I was training last year a lot I went up to 1650 to 1700. That was quite high for me but I was training 5 days a week. I weigh 111lbs but feel more comfortable at around 106lbs ish.
  • Carolyn1965032017
    Carolyn1965032017 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sorry my post above should have also mentioned I will only be doing such a low calorie count for 5weeks. At about 1lb a week weight loss. I'm taking in a few more protein macros than normal whilst I do this.
    When the 5 weeks are up I will gradually build up my maintenance and then increase my exercise and calories accordingly.
    This has work for me in previous years. But I've only had around 7lb to loose.
  • xo0candypops0ox
    xo0candypops0ox Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 1. About two months ago I was around 8 stone. I lowered my calorie intake to 1000 a day. I go to the gym 5 times a week and usually do 40 mins Cardio... Either a spin class, dance class or just on a cross trainer and then do around 30 mins strength training/weights. I'm now 7st 7lbs. I've lost fat and built some muscle. So this works for me :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    When you enter your stats: height, weight, gender, age and activity level in MFP along with a goal weight and reasonable rate of loss (for you should be 0.5 lb/week), then MFP will provide you a calorie target excluding exercise.

Eat a variety of foods within that calorie target, focusing on those which provide nutrition (macro and micronutrients), satiety (fills you up) and enjoyment (keeps you from feeling too restricted).

Log everything you eat as accurately and honestly as possible, ideally using a food scale.

When you exercise, log and eat back at least a portion of those calories since your deficit built into your MFP is assuming you don't exercise at all.

For what it's worth, I'm 5'2 and lost 35 lbs eating b/w 1600-1900 calories per day and am currently maintaining below 120 with a TDEE of 2200.

• mandy2469
    mandy2469 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Depends. How long have you been averaging 1900 calorie intake?

Also, what's your daily life like. For example, I'm 5'4.5" and 9 stone 6 lbs. I have been eating an average of 1950 a day for the past month. During that time my average loss has been 0.65 lbs per week.
    I'm a server though and typically get in 8,000-10,000 steps while at work 5 days a week. On top of that I either go to the gym (2 x 30 min cardio, 4 x 60 min lifting) or do bodyweight workouts at home (6 x 45 mins).

• Aafkee
    Aafkee Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I am 163cm (5'4), 52-53kg (8st. 3lbs -ish). I work out 5 times a week (30-50 minutes everyday, following programs by fitnessblender), and eat about 1300-1800+. I tend to eat more if I am eating out that day, but I don't do that often.

I snack as much as I want as long as I make sure not to overeat THAT much in terms of calories intake. I don't usually feel hungry throughout the day, except for when I am about to sleep at night so I sleep through it and have breakfast the next morning.