Need to loose 91 pounds

Options
Dear all! Looking at bmi I need to loose 91 pounds (at least ). I feel commited and have lost six already . Just need tips / motivation /handy hints ! X

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Welcome..

There's lots of good info in the sticky posts in this forum and the Getting Started forum.

Handy hints? Weigh everything you eat on a digital food scale for accuracy.

When do you want to lose it by?

• PinkCuddleMonster
    PinkCuddleMonster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hay I'm new to my fitness pal but I have been working on my own to loose weight for almost two weeks. Wanna talk and stuff and be each other's motivation?
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Maintain a calorie deficit.

Forget about diets and cheating and simply learn to budget your calories.

Be accurate with your calories. Weigh all solids on a food scale, measure all liquids, and count absolutely everything that passes your lips.

Understand that weight loss is not linear and weight will fluctuate several pounds from day to day. Watch the trend over several weeks.

Learn what keeps you satisfied and spend your calories wisely. For most of us, that is fiber and protein. Also, if you want a treat, just work it into your budget. You don't have to deny yourself. This is about developing long term, sustainable habits.

All you have to do is make responsible choices one day at a time. This site is full of folks that have lost a bunch of weight. I have lost 147 pounds and many have lost even more. If we can do it, you can too.
  • Gemsie30
    Gemsie30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Want to loose it by this time next year . Due to young child n working full time and being w single mum I find it hard to weigh out but I am accurate about looking at packaging on food and inputting correct calories
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale that you can get at Walmart or Target to weigh food.

Also this: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • Locolady98
    Locolady98 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Feel free to add me as a friend. :smiley:

When I lost most of my weight, it really helped to focus on small goals at a time. I took it 10 lbs. at a time. Lost 10 lbs, then another 10, then another 10... eventually, I got there, and I kept feeling better all the time! :smiley:

Set yourself up for success! Like others have said, get a digital scale and weigh everything. I use a lot of pre-packaged frozen things, also organic soups and things that have 2 servings/package, because that makes it super easy to scan the barcode into MFP. Focus on managing your calorie budget. When you log everything, it's natural to start making great choices in how to "spend" your calories. Also, that becomes a great motivator to exercise regularly, because it "buys" you more calories!

No special diet required!! Just calories in vs. calories out (CICO). Keep track of all your calories, MFP makes it super easy. :smile:

You can do it!!
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Gemsie30 wrote: »
    Want to loose it by this time next year . Due to young child n working full time and being w single mum I find it hard to weigh out but I am accurate about looking at packaging on food and inputting correct calories

Actually, a food scale is very convenient and less trouble than washing a bunch of measuring cups.
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    What's your current height and weight? I agree with people who mentioned getting a food scale if you don't have it, and all you need is a calorie deficit to lose weight. I lost the first 30 pounds without even working out so you got this!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options

While you could lose 91 pounds in a year, that doesn't mean you should. You'd have to create an unhealthily large deficit, which is what Bigger Loser contestants do, and they tend to damage their metabolism in the process, and gain back the weight.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/health/biggest-loser-weight-loss.html
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

While you could lose 91 pounds in a year, that doesn't mean you should. You'd have to create an unhealthily large deficit, which is what Bigger Loser contestants do, and they tend to damage their metabolism in the process, and gain back the weight.

I dont think being on that show makes them immune to how a lot of people handle big weight losses. They view it as a license to return to old ways. They had the motivation to lose, but not to make that lifestyle change permanent. Even on these boards you see it fairly frequently.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options

I dont think being on that show makes them immune to how a lot of people handle big weight losses. They view it as a license to return to old ways. They had the motivation to lose, but not to make that lifestyle change permanent. Even on these boards you see it fairly frequently.

The former Biggest Loser contestants in the study had had weird things happen to their metabolisms and leptin levels.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

The former Biggest Loser contestants in the study had had weird things happen to their metabolisms and leptin levels.

While that may be true. They still had to drive, buy or make and cook the cheeseburgers(whatever). Its not like leptin holds a gun to your head. It might make it harder, but the choices are still in their control.