Motivation for wedding!

Hey everyone my wedding is in 8 months and I just don't have the motivation I need to get into the swing of things. Help pleeeease. Wanting to lose 10 kG.

Replies

• mrssie1223
    mrssie1223 Posts: 146 Member
    Hi LanaMua! Try the Keto diet. Check out Butter Bob Briggs, Goody Beats, and Keto Connect on YouTube. This is what motivated me, and I have lost 12.4 lbs in 5 days! That's right, only 5 days. Just what I needed to jumpstart my weightloss! :) Feel free to message me if you have any questions. ;)
  • Nbaker0909
    Nbaker0909 Posts: 102 Member
    Hey! I'm getting married in about 3 months. I will be engaged for about a year total and it took me several months to not only get motivated but to actually see any progress. Now I am down 28 pounds and only have 5 to go. Just make one small change at a time, you can do it!!
  • LanaMua
    LanaMua Posts: 14 Member
    Wow awesome thank you both! "One small change at a time" ❤️
  • ZephieC
    ZephieC Posts: 162 Member
    Look at the success boards. There are tons of stories and pics. Gets me fired up every time!
  • cake91
    cake91 Posts: 46 Member
    Think wedding dress, think gym. That what i used to think to myself. And it worked. They had to take 4 inches off my wedding dress around my waist at my first fitting :). Good luck
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Me too! @LanaMua

Have you bought your dress yet? Thats what I think about when I'm dying in the gym lol. I not only want it to fit, but I wanna look amazing.

I set small goals to try and pace myself, and for it not to feel so overwhelming. My goal is at a minimum to lose 5 lbs per month. I wasn't the best at tracking my weight in April so I joined a May challenge on here that required weekly weigh ins, and to date I'm down nearly 10lbs.

Like the pp said, just make one small change at a time. I'm not doing any drastic diet, I still eat stuff that ppl probably think a person who is dieting shouldn't be eating, but I just make sure I burn more than I consume and it works. Lol since I can't say no to bread or pasta, I do workout a lot, but I enjoy it so that's the trade off I make to indulge a little more on my food choices.

You can do it!
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,431 Member
    Start with logging all your meals for a week - I bet you $$$ to donuts (or wedding dresses) that one small change will jump out at you. Then another and another.
    Congratulations!!
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Hi all! My wedding is in August. Got engaged July of 2016. I am NOT going to hit my goal even though I pushed hard (other than during a 3 month period at the end of the year due where I was KO'd due to surgery). I have lost 35 lbs since the beginning of the year. Hope to push harder this month and maybe get to 40/45 by my fitting on July 1st. I know my dress is already too big but I have a really good seamstress and we are both looking forward to it being taken in as much as possible! I'm only saying all of this because you might hit a plateau and it might hinder your original goal number and don't let that make you crazy. Because I have let it make me crazy and add on top of all of the other stress! Just be consistent and keep pushing and you will look and FEEL your best on your day. You can totally do this.