100% noob

Options
Hi all.
Im 37 and in desperate need to sort my diet out.. I love salads..but i love chocolate more

Replies

• paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome! I love chocolate WAY more than salads! haha! I actually don't eat many salads now that I think about it.

My best advice would be to take it one day at a time (and even one meal at a time). Also, enjoy the process!! :) Best of luck crushing your goals! You got this! Feel free to add me!
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hi there Nikki. I relate to that so hard. I absolutely love salads. Unfortunately, I absolutely love most other kinds of food, too.
  • Nikki802017
    Nikki802017 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hiya :) i also work in a coffee shop surrounded by cakes... Im taking smoothies and salads to work but the sugar cravings are making me so moody. Ive been good this week and not touched one but temptation is not good.. :(
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's tough. Are they veggie smoothies or do you add some fruit, too? Because that'd give you a sugar fix if that's what's giving you a hard time. Are you very strict with banning certain foods? Because I found that doesn't work for me. Now I incorporate candy or even fast food into my cals if I really, really want them. There are so many ways of doing this and what worked for others doesn't necessarily have to work for you.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    No reason you have to stop eating chocolate. I have lost 30lbs having chocolate almost every day. I don't eat salads at all, I don't find them at all filling, prefer to have more calorie dense veggies with my dinner or in my soup.

Weight loss is all about a calorie deficit - eating less than you burn, and nutritional balance is for overall health/satiety. If you don't intend to give something up for the rest of your life, don't try and give it up to lose weight. Small sustainable changes are what will help.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome. I'm Sara and I also love chocolate and salads.
  • Nikki802017
    Nikki802017 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So glad i dont have to give up the junk :) just been having fruit smoothies....yucky! Im going to start walking to work and home then start at my local gym soon so the exercise will definitely help.