Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide 2017

Options
Hey everyone,

I just started the 4 week pre-training part of the Kayla Itsines bikini body workout guide. I looked to see if there were any discussion threads on it here. There are plenty, but they all seem to be from previous years so I figured i'd start one for anyone starting the program this spring/summer (2017) like me!
Anyone who wants to discuss the workouts or just post to get a little group going to keep each other motivated or to share results with the program please feel free to do so, and feel free to add me as well. :)
I also use fitbit if anyone else is using that.

Cheers!

-LeLe

Replies

• nicjev
    nicjev Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yes I just started Week 1 this week. I've done both the Legs and Abs workouts. I thought I'd be okay after doing Insanity workout a couple of months ago but I must have lost all my muscle because it killed me! I think I'm going to start pre-training. It's a shame as I had a 3 month goal but at the same time I want to get into a good routine and get the most out of my exercise... and lying on the floor shouting "I have NO abs!!" isn't going to get me there. Haha. Although I will probably start week 2 pre-training as I don't want my efforts from this week to go to waste.

What are you doing for LISS? I'm so sore at the minute so I'm doing walking and a pilates session a week but when I stop getting so sore I want to start C25K... again.
  • magipotam
    magipotam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey! :) I'm currently on week 2, although I did random workouts from her guide the previous weeks among my routine.
    I don't follow the nutrition guide because I'm vegetarian and I almost don't eat any dairy or eggs too so it's kinda impossible. Plus, I'm trying to cut my calories for a few weeks to lose fat, altho I'm quite small and not sure if I'm doing it right at all but we'll see how it goes.

I've done these workouts before too but I always give up at around week 8-9. What I dislike about them is how complicated the exercises get the further you go. I hate it when one exercise consists of like a push-up, 3 jumps to the right, 2 squats and a burpee or something. I made that up obviously but there are always those complex exercises and you can't even count the reps because by the time you get to do the third one you've already forgotten what you did and what's left. Or this could be just me.
    BUT! this time! haha :)

Do you do any other workouts along with the guide? I try to do 20 mins of HIIT running 1-2 times a week but for the most part I just do longer walks with my doggo in the morning for LISS.
  • nicjev
    nicjev Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm unsure whether to do pre-training or not and I'm looking for advice. The first workout was hard, but I got through 1.5 cycles of each circuit. Now when it came to abs... I can only do about 10 sit ups MAX (and kind of cheating). I've never done ab exercises and thus have no strength there. So I thought I should do pre-training... but I've since seen online that people are just able to do the circuits once and are still on the main training programme. So basically... should I struggle through or would you recommend going for pretraining? Does it get much harder with each week or does it progress steadily?

I'm not following the guide either. I know how to eat healthy I just find it hard to stick to it... but I have looked at the guide and it's encouraged me to eat more carbs. So I'll give that a try and see what happens!

Oh that's a shame... hopefully I'll be able to keep up by that stage because I'm looking for something that I can get into for a long time!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, I'm just restarting Week 1 for the third time - the first time I got to week 6, the second nowhere and now I'm hoping it'll stick! For Liss I did C25K and then C210K or cycling if I fancied that more. We actually have a group where we check in when we've done the workout if you're interested: Bikini Body Guide (BBG) Girls!
  • LeLeKat89
    LeLeKat89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of LISS activity by walking (I walk everywhere) and also working part time as a server at a busy restaurant when I'm not in school. I do HIIT training on a max trainer M3 machine, but I'm not going to start using it a lot until I'm into the program a little further.

As for a recommendation of whether to start pre-training or not, I don't think there's any problem with starting there. Especially if you have never really done ab exercises before. That way, when you move to the regular program you will be able to complete the exercises with better form, which would likely provide you with better results.
    My reason for starting the pre-training workouts was that I had a really bad knee injury a couple years ago, which required emergency surgery. I wasn't able to work out properly for a while. It still acts up so I have to be careful with it, I will probably have to modify some of the moves so I don't damage my knee further. (Jump squats are probably going to be a no-go for this girl!)

I am really enjoying the workouts so far but it's very humbling because I'm realizing how out of shape and weak I have become! haha. I have a bit of an excuse when it comes to squats and things like that but my arms are so weak and I have no excuse for that, they just always have been. :neutral:
    I'm so excited to get stronger and see some positive results! :smiley:
  • LiveFitMomma
    LiveFitMomma Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just started week 1 too! Would love to follow other bbg girls on MFP. Are you following the food portion? Still don't know what to do good wise. I'm super sore from arm and legs!
  • fifijoaney
    fifijoaney Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm currently doing pre training. I used to be fairly fit but haven't done anything properly for the last year really and even though I've only put on a couple of pounds I have lost muscle and replaced it with fat!
    Not feeling good about my body and exercise has always helped my mental health.
    Add me as a friend
  • amrp1353
    amrp1353 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    nicjev wrote: »
    Yes I just started Week 1 this week. I've done both the Legs and Abs workouts. I thought I'd be okay after doing Insanity workout a couple of months ago but I must have lost all my muscle because it killed me! I think I'm going to start pre-training. It's a shame as I had a 3 month goal but at the same time I want to get into a good routine and get the most out of my exercise... and lying on the floor shouting "I have NO abs!!" isn't going to get me there. Haha. Although I will probably start week 2 pre-training as I don't want my efforts from this week to go to waste.

What are you doing for LISS? I'm so sore at the minute so I'm doing walking and a pilates session a week but when I stop getting so sore I want to start C25K... again.

• SgrMag574
    SgrMag574 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am starting the pre-training today. I'm in the same boat as you FifiJoaney!
  • sjagdeo
    sjagdeo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I started my pre training this week. I've actually had the program for a while and started once last spring and in the pre training month alone I noticed a difference in how I felt and saw some physical changes as well. I went on a vacation though and seemed I couldn't get back on track. So here I am a year later and starting again pretty much right where I started from before
  • mjaneh73
    mjaneh73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on week two of pre training! So far I like the workouts and I find them difficult but I definitely can tell they are good for me. I eat PALEO based along with a calorie deficit to lose fat. Is anyone else kinda doing what I'm doing?
  • Amys712
    Amys712 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot about her program and been amazed by the results people have gotten but have not tried it myself.
    How much success are all of you having with it?
  • laurensohn22
    laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • pinkcutie100
    pinkcutie100 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Is anyone still doing BBG?? I was just looking for a workout buddy to help motivate me.
  • hadley099
    hadley099 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 10 of BBG and *love*it! Feel free to add me, would love to connect w others on the program!
  • morynne
    morynne Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of BBG myself - I keep going back a few weeks here and there-- mostly because I'm rehabbing a knee injury. I've been doing some mix of pre-training and regular weeks since the first of April. The amount of muscle tone and progress I've made in a short amount of time is pretty incredible! Keep going, girls!

Best thing I've done is quit fussing about the scale. I know doing this program it's about body recomposition so the losses have been slow for me. SO worth it. Weight can stay the same, but when my jeans start to fall off, I call it a win!
  • emilybalkam
    emilybalkam Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm so glad to see other BBG girls!! I'm on week 2, I restarted from week 8 since I never got past it. I would love to have you guys follow my journey and we can support each other!

I don't know about y'all but her Instagram keeps me so motivated seeing the before/after transformations:open_mouth: I work out 6x wk and for HIIT I use running for weight loss which is insane but I'm losing so much weight and I can now run 4+ miles which I never thought was possible. Highly recommend if anyone is looking for a structured HIIT.

Please add me and let's support each other! :blush: