Let's do this!

Options
Hey guys,

So after a while lurking the message boards I decided to jump right in and introduce myself, this seems like a great supportive community that I'd love to be a part of!

My stats:
5'3'' , female, 27 y/o
Highest weight: 160lbs (probably higher, I stopped weighing myself when I saw that number on the scale)
Current weight: 139lbs
Goal weight: 130lbs

So yeah, I am looking to drop those last 9 pounds and then see how I feel there and whether I want to keep losing or maintain! Idk why but these last few pounds are the hardest for me. That's why I decided to join MFP since I have never tracked or logged, didn't know about calories, TDEE, BMR, macros, none o' that :P. I feel these tools will give me the extra help and knowledge I need to get to my goal.

I am a bit of a slower paced weight-loser since it has taken me a couple of years to drop those 20 pounds but oh well, I got tired of the crash diets and yo-yoing that never worked for me, so I'm happy to have found a more sustainable approach :) I aim to lose between 0.5-1 pound per week. Slow and steady wins the race.

Looking forward to interacting with all of you!

Replies

• Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss and welcome to mfp!
  • Beav73
    Beav73 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Congrats..welcome aboard
  • jihanem89
    jihanem89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! :smiley:
  • quiltymom2002
    quiltymom2002 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. Think you will be successful the way you are doing this. I too have about 9 lbs want to drop. Add me if u like.
  • jihanem89
    Options
    Thanks! I am very satisfied with my slow paced approach so I'm determined I'm gonna make it this time! I added you :smile:
  • pestica02
    pestica02 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm too tired from the kids and work to kill myself trying to quickly drop 2lbs a week so .5-1 sounds good to me! Feel free to add me. I'm 5 6" and looking to lose about 10lbs to get me to 140.
  • paulawriteslove
    paulawriteslove Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I have been losing weight very slowly too! But slow progress is also very progress! :) Add me if you'd like!
  • jihanem89
    Options
    Thank you! I've added you both :smile:
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You can add me.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Welcome!