Former WW..Down 72 pounds. New to MFP. Need advice on activity levels.

Options
Dotyfahed
Dotyfahed Posts: 33 Member
Hello, I am new to logging into MFP. I did it years ago but stopped. I lost 72 pounds with WW in the last 16 months but honestly it stopped working for me. So I started using MFP a week ago. I work out for about 50-60 a day at the gym. I also walk on both of my breaks every day(15 minutes each). I average 11,000-12,000 steps along with the morning weight training. Yes, I have a desk job but I do get up and move around throughout the day too. Should I be considered active or slightly active. This first week I logged myself as active but I am losing just a few tenths of a pound so far. I've got my goal set to lose 1.5 pounds a week. I know the weight training is building muscles so I am not sure if I am eating too much or too little..TIA for any help....

Replies

• rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Weight training isn't just building muscles, If you go low weight high reps and start doing "interval training" That should help with 1.5Lbs loss!
    Theres a section on this App that will instruct you on an advised daily calorie intake for your weight loss goals!
    Good Luck!
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    At 12,000 steps a day, I'd put you as active assuming you aren't then counting any of those steps as intentional exercise. If you plan on counting some of them as intentional exercise, then maybe lightly active. If it isn't working the way you planned in terms of weight loss, you can reevaluate after a few weeks.